Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone attending - Chicago Sun Times show in March ?

Comments

• epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'll be going image
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Has this been a good show in terms of finding raw cards and reasonable prices ?

Thanks!
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Ron Burgundy will be there, buying cards and signing autographs. image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Cool! I always wanted to meet the "KING" of selling cards from the PSA Boards!
    I will announce at a later date which table I will be at. Although, I will probably be at every table scrapping for raw.............
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    What would be your ideal find at a show of this size?
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice raw mid to late 50's topps commons from a one-time dealer set-up.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
    Depends on what you're looking for. I'm a 50's and 60's kind of guy, so that's what I look for. Mainly raw, but also undergraded graded cards.

The price has to be right as well. I don't generally lowball people because I recognize people need to make money, but if someone has astronomical prices on something I chuckle and move on.
    Ron Burgundy

• Link for days, times?
  • Go say hi to Mark Jordan (memorabilia) and Pete Calderon (cards) at the Heritage Auction Galleries table please.
    Thank you,
    Jonathan Scheier
    Cataloger - Consignment Director
    Heritage Auctions (www.HA.com)
    JonathanS@HA.com
    1-800-872-6467 X1314

Consign to auction at Consign to Heritage Auctions

Connect with Heritage at Connect with Heritage Auctions
  • Link?
  • linker

Last fall the show was good. There is still good raw to be found at these shows, some dealers still don't believe in getting cards graded. I will beat you to the tables with all the good raw, Mr. Burgundy!
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Roll Call. I've been saving $$ all year. I'll be one with the chocolate cone and auction catalogs falling out of my bag. Come to think of it, that describes about half the people out there.

Thanks to bsidegrve (Mark) I've got some free subs to make as well, and will post results: 62 Ditka, 56 Mantle, 60 Mantle, Koufax and Clemente and 65-66 Bruins Team. Wish me luck!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to go too - probably on Sunday (but who knows image )
    Mike
    Bosox1976