Home Sports Talk
Options

Mike Jacobs back with Mets

I'm glad.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    The Mets image

Did you say the Mets image

Please tell me you didn't say the Mets image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Mike who?

And are the Mets still kicking around?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i, a Phillies fan, now concede the 2010 NL East title to the Mets.

oh sorry...I meant to say 3010 when I probably won't be around. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha.............................
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    He stunkup da joint last year in KC.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see who's laughing in September...don't forget: one in the hand is worth two in the bush..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read where the Mets need fans so bad at the ballpark, if ya can recite an Aesops quote at the gate, then ya get in for free...and even if ya can't recite one of those, just a quick joke will do.
  • Options
    As I've said before, he who laughs last laughs best...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Royals the only thing he was good at was chewing tobacco.

• Options
    With the Royals the only thing he was good at was chewing tobacco.

That's about all most Royals are qualified at anyway, isn't it?

• Options

<< <i>We'll see who's laughing in September...don't forget: one in the hand is worth two in the bush.. >>

I like the two in the bush concept image
  • Options
    Here's a question for Mets fans....

What NBA team ryhmes with Mets ???

Now, go look at their record, and you'll have a glimpse at your upcoming season. image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With the Royals the only thing he was good at was chewing tobacco.

That's about all most Royals are qualified at anyway, isn't it? >>

Thanks for taking our rejects.
  • Options

<< With the Royals the only thing he was good at was chewing tobacco.

That's about all most Royals are qualified at anyway, isn't it? >>

Thanks for taking our rejects.

No problem...always willing to help a club that hasn't sniffed the postseason since Reagan was President..

• Options
    Darrin,

I'm sure you mid-westerners aren't used to the foul mouthed New York crowd. They are very rude and many times show no class.

Let the record show how much the Mets have spent trying to compete, only to continue to end up miserable losers year after year,
    and you'll understand the frustration (although we're not making excuses for their rude behavior). We can only feel sorry for such
    poor individuals.

Now the Royals just don't spend the money the way the Mets do, but both teams have the same results. So it's kind of like the Royals
    spend a dime, and get a lemon, while the Mets spend millions to get the same lemon. You know what I mean.