Home U.S. Coin Forum

Beatles Commemorative Coins

I think a multi coin issue depicting the Beatles would be a huge success for the U.S. Mint .

Comments

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a whole rock-and-roll series for iconic performers, songwriters, and groups: Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Eagles, Elton John, Bob Dylan, etc. Maybe tie it in with election to the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame.

On second thought... image
  • Great idea!My only objection is'they were not American.
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    the Britt's beat us to it
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great idea!My only objection is'they were not American. >>

Didn't the Braille commem honor a Frenchman?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• I think it's things like this that killed stamps.
    imageimageimage
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Pop crap has practically killed stamps --- I'll go before Congress to oppose ANY pop stuff on our coinage.
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pop crap has practically killed stamps --- I'll go before Congress to oppose ANY pop stuff on our coinage. >>

What killed stamps is not, as you so diplomatically stated, "pop crap," but an overproduction of just about any stamp that has come out, even before "pop crap."
    It's time for the Mint to get over the draconian mentality so abundant in the last 50 years, and join the rest of the world by producing coins with a 21st Century Mentality & not the Dinosaurian, recycled same old boring 18th or 19th Century crap.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a mans best friend commemorative
    LCoopie = Les
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pop crap has practically killed stamps --- I'll go before Congress to oppose ANY pop stuff on our coinage. >>

I'll bring the pitchfork.
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    "Pop Crap" is "Pop Crap." I love the Beatles' music, but it does not belong on our coinage any more than Disney characters, or Budweiser frogs, or Elvis' toenails, or Victoria's Secret models.

Do we aspire to mediocrity or excellence?

US Commemorative coins should honor significant events and people in the nation's history. If you want "pop crap" there are plenty of mints making it and their "coins" are available in all sorts of metals and colorings.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Pop Crap" is "Pop Crap." I love the Beatles' music, but it does not belong on our coinage any more than Disney characters, or Budweiser frogs, or Elvis' toenails, or Victoria's Secret models.

US Commemorative coins should honor significant events and people in the nation's history. If you want "pop crap" there are plenty of mints making it and their "coins" are available in all sorts of metals and colorings. >>

Now you've gone to far .... I agree with your above except for: Vicotria's Secrect models. I'll take their models on our coins over the SBA in a heart beat. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

man , you seem to have some issues

<< <i>"Pop Crap" is "Pop Crap." I love the Beatles' music, but it does not belong on our coinage any more than Disney characters, or Budweiser frogs, or Elvis' toenails, or Victoria's Secret models.

US Commemorative coins should honor significant events and people in the nation's history. If you want "pop crap" there are plenty of mints making it and their "coins" are available in all sorts of metals and colorings. >>

One of the most significant events in modern times was the Beatles appearing on the Ed Sullivan Show , and those 4 "people" changed the world
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen brother!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a multi coin issue depicting the Beatles would be a huge success for the U.S. Mint . >>

Only if they can make George's guitar light up and Ringo spin with his drum kit on a riser.
    No Chinese batteries.image
  • If you like American pop stars, you may consider purchasing US Mint-made American Arts gold medals from the early 1980s. I'm sure they are flooding the market now with the high price of gold:
    American Arts Gold Commemorative Series

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭
    This came out today at The Royal Mint.

Here: http://www.royalmint.com/store/BritishSilver/GBMEDSP.aspx

Limited to 5,000.
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    you can already spend too much on remastered box sets!! image

• << <i>This came out today at The Royal Mint.

Limited to 5,000. >>

I placed my order image

<< <i>This came out today at The Royal Mint.

Limited to 5,000. >>

I gotta think the 5000 went fast -

"Royal Mint Logo

Thank you for your order application.
    Your order is subject to availability "
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with these issues is the skill of the engravers is severely lacking. The above medal of John looks more (at first glance) like Dustin Hoffman. Where's Daniel?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you like American pop stars, you may consider purchasing US Mint-made American Arts gold medals from the early 1980s. I'm sure they are flooding the market now with the high price of gold:

image >>

Anthony Wiener would look great on a gold coin, but Joe Coc-ker would have a better ring to it.

<< <i>The problem with these issues is the skill of the engravers is severely lacking. The above medal of John looks more (at first glance) like Dustin Hoffman. Where's Daniel? >>

you may have hit on something here ; imagine if D.Carr did mint a set of Beatles coins , with his skills of a Master die maker and limited mintage's - the demand would

be huge and the feller could make a ton of money !
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Payment from your card ************ for £48.29 has been taken. We have emailed you confirmation.

Reference: 4143629

Does this mean I get one?
    Many happy BST transactions
    I'm going with no -

it means they have your money , and will draw interest on it for a few weeks and then return your cash after they determine you were not one of the lucky 5000.

I never will forget how I tied up over 5 grand for those GSA silver dollars for a few months and never got a single silver dollar , got my money back was all image
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Payment from your card ************ for £48.29 has been taken. We have emailed you confirmation.

Reference: 4143629

Does this mean I get one? >>

It means they'll send you an email receipt with the line from PawPaul's post "Thank you for your order application.
    Your order is subject to availability "

For comparison my Reference number is 4142613 taken at 18:11:22
  • Let us hope the starting point was 4140000
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you like American pop stars, you may consider purchasing US Mint-made American Arts gold medals from the early 1980s. I'm sure they are flooding the market now with the high price of gold:

image >>

Anthony Wiener would look great on a gold coin, but Joe Coc-ker would have a better ring to it. >>

These are slabbed by PCGS as well:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file