Home Precious Metals
Options

Pawn Stars 1924 $20 Saint

Anyone watch this week's episode? A lady found this 1924 $20 Saint in a safe in the wall while doing a house rehab? Surprised to see Rick purchased it for $1500!
Cool show!
"When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

Comments

• Options
    There is a play by play thread about it over on the US coin forum, just search "Pawn Stars". It was an interesting discussion.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Saint looked like a shiney AU to me. I agree. Strong money.

peacockcoins

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I love that show. Man, they sure drag some strange stuff through the front door.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a play by play thread about it over on the US coin forum, just search "Pawn Stars". It was an interesting discussion

>>

Link to prior discussion
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    For the date & raw I was very surprised at strong $$ they bought it for. My guess is they have a strong coin market.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...or were playing up to the camera to look like good guys. In all honesty, I graded it MS64 before their expert said it was a 64. You can check thread in the coin forum. It looked at least that good to me.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>...or were playing up to the camera to look like good guys. In all honesty, I graded it MS64 before their expert said it was a 64. You can check thread in the coin forum. It looked at least that good to me. >>

Yeah, looked very nice (good luster and cartwheel) in the brief amount of time they showed it on TV. If Rick (on Pawn Star's) will pay that amount you know he has potential buyers already waiting. That coin will probably never see the inside of his stores showcase.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had it recorded and just watched it this am. I graded 64 myself before the expert came in. Based on what they typically pay, I thought their offer was a little stronger than I would have expected, course gold was probably a bit higher with the bigger premiums on generics when this was taped.

jim
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>...or were playing up to the camera to look like good guys. In all honesty, I graded it MS64 before their expert said it was a 64. You can check thread in the coin forum. It looked at least that good to me. >>

They don't bother any other time.
  • Options

<< <i>

They don't bother any other time. >>