Home Metal Detecting
Options

Is anyone watching "The Meteorite men"?

Enjoyable cable show on one of the Discovery Channels.

Nothing else is showing us two guys with MD"s scrambling around looking for meteorites or their fragments.

Makes me want to do the same thing as meteorites seem to be worth a lot more than your average older coin.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting that program, Need to try and catch it.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    It is a cool program. Makes me want to buy a MD and start digging. I can't believe how much that $tuff i$ worth!! image

There's also anther good program on the Outdoors channel called "Gold Fever". Kinda the same deal. The host is a bit goofy, but he's entertaining.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    How do you know if you have a meteorite and not a hot rock. Do they look different than rocks?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    How do you know if you have a meteorite and not a hot rock. Do they look different than rocks?

They have a definite "look". And of course meteorites being iron the guys have magnets to test their finds.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I love watching that show. I always forget to watch it when it's on but thankfully my DVR doesn't forget. They go into some pretty BFE, middle of no where places though, which makes sense.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Next wednesdays show looks pretty good-looking forward to it.

Here's an interesting link on their methods.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, some good (but way too short) clips there. Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy that, but have never seen it, nor heard of it until now.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    It is a great show! I like that it is part scientific and educational, but also the main focus is hunting for meteor treasures. I think many meteorites can go for upwards of $30 a gram.
  • Options
    It's a really good show. Until watching the show I just never had any idea they were worth so much. The first time I watched the show it reminded me of a someone that lived next door to me when I was a kid . They had one that was probably over 100 lbs. I wish I knew were they lived now and what they ever done with it.