Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random thought for the day

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
Too bad Frederic Remington didn't live long enough to get in on the "hey day" of classic commems. Just think of what the Spanish Trail store card ... I mean half dollar could have looked like with a competent sculptor at the helm. Then I was wondering what our coinage would have looked like had he and Alexander Phimister Proctor worked alongside James Earle Fraser. Giddy-freakin-yap!

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I don;t believe for a second that its the US Mint sculptors that is the problem as much as it is the high speed minting equipment (which demands low profile coins) and the PC crew down in DC!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait, Random thoughts usually demand random answers. image

Well, that may be but unless it can actually move on its own then it just ain't gonna work!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Design by committee kills creativity.
    And it really does not make too much difference where the committee sits.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have wanted them to collaborate on individual designs, but each have their own little round canvas. I also agree that they'd be wasted on today's low-relief stuff, which I why I kept my musings in the earlier half of the 20th century.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of our coinage today is the direct result of bureacracy over art. No wonder more and more collectors are turning to darkside coins, they are much more attractive. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file