Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

question on silver proof sets

How much silver is in a Silver Proof Set with silver quarters from 2003? I was wondering because they don't seem to go for too much on e-Bay.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,481 ✭✭✭✭
    A quick calculations shows approximately 1.34 troy ounces.

The 5 quarters, dime and half dollar are all 90% silver coins.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>How much silver is in a Silver Proof Set with silver quarters from 2003? I was wondering because they don't seem to go for too much on e-Bay. >>

Same as the 2002 and 2004.....!!!image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The standard weights for the 90% dime, quaters and half dollar that are in the modern silver Proof sets are same as the standards for the old "junk silver" coins. You can use the same buy prices for junk silver as you can for Proofs from a melt value perspective. Collector value will add to the value of the Proof set.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file