Home Precious Metals
Options

Picked up some great stuff today at the Fargo coin show

Went to the Red River valley coin show today in Fargo and had a very good day both buying and selling.
First of all I sold 3 MPL's in PR64 RB and 1 in PR64 BN, I got a check for $3,630, the money invested in these was $1,950 so I was happy with the profit on them.
Then I walked the floor looking for coins and bullion, the only collectors coins I bought were a nice original 1942/1 mercury dime in an ANACS VF-20 holder for $400 and an nice looking 1839-0 reeded edge half dollar in PCGS XF-40 for $825, I was excited to find this coin as I have never seen one at the Fargo show.
Then I concentrated on bullion, there wasn't alot of excting stuff but I did manage to find a $100 face bag of Walkers that looked pretty nice at a quick glance so I bought them for $1,170, when I got home to count them I couldn't believe how nice many of them were and the fianl tally showed $29 in nice AU Walkers with most of the rest mintmarked coins from the teens, 20's and 30's so a very nice group for the money.
Then I went looking for .999 bullion with the usual stuff until I finally made my way to the middle of the floor where an older dealer had some old poured bars I noticed some crudely poured Engelhard 10 oz. bars serial numbers WO7955 and WO7957 which I bought for $175 each, then I noticed a couple of small square shaped bars which I've grown familiar with and asked to see them sure enough they were Homestake mine bars from 1981 serial number 9723 10.06 oz. and serial number 9724 10.23 oz. I ask what he wants for them as my heart starts beating and he says $175 each so I bought them too, before I left I asked to look at any other odd size bars and he rummaged around in a box pulling out some generic stuff except for one bar which I immeditaley new was an odd size Engelhard it was a poured 4 oz. Engelhard so I ask how much and he says $70 we are all done so I pay him $770. Before I leave the show I show some of the bars around and a collector I know wants to buy the Homestake 10 oz. and Englehard 4 oz. bars he offers very good money for the 4 oz. Engelhard so I sell it to him for $230.
All in all a very good day at the coin show, probably the best Ive ever had!!!!image

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very nice!! Sell the Homestake 10 ozer for 200-300 on ebay imageimage

Looks like a great day for you image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    The 4 oz Engelhard could have sold for more than 230 BUT that was a quick extra 160 that you made so no biggy really.

Had to be awesome for you!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah, that's the way to do it!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>The 4 oz Engelhard could have sold for more than 230 BUT that was a quick extra 160 that you made so no biggy really.

Had to be awesome for you! >>

I figured I could've gotten more but I never turn down a cash deal with that much profit.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have turned it down either, quick flip is always good and you got all your money back and even more!

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

Got to love flipping before you leave the building.

R

Loves me some shiny!