Home Metal Detecting
Options

1869 seated dime

wow is this forum dead lately. maybe the bad weather is the culprit. went out a few times this past week. its been raining non stop for about 3 weeks now. had a few days to stomp around in the mud. this is my second silver for 2010. also found a huge flattened 3 ringer bullet.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds Demodigger... yeah, it surely has been dead here lately. Must be the deepfreeze that has hit most of the U.S. - It was four degrees here this morning... no way I go out in that cold. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Did you pick that one up from the coin shop?! image

What was your first silver from 2010?
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool finds. Always a nice treat pulling Seated silver from the ground.

Things should start picking up here in the next two months or so. I hope to get out for the first time in late March. Got my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    you know, this metal detecting thing is funny sometimes. i went 3 years without getting a single seated coin. in the last 4 months i've found 3 seated dimes and 1 halfdime. tomorrow i'm gonna hit a spot that should yield some good stuff.

my first silver for this year was the 1862 dime. i think i posted that on jan 3. not too bad so far. only 2 silver coins found and both are the highly coveted seated variety. this is exactly what keeps me going after 23 years of detecting.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, tough soil out there, but cool finds, regardless. Really cool. I'll take Seated silver any way I can get it!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.