Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Things that make you go UGGHHHHHHH#$%%^^

So I bid and win twenty five 1971 psa 7 topps baseball cards from a guy in Alaska. Got a good price and decent shipping rate. He stuffs all 25 cards in a flat rate envelope. I receive an empty torn priority mail envelope today. He mentioned in his description that he would pack them well and had a ton of good feedback so I don't worry about insurance. I contact him and thankfully he was honest and refunded my money and acknowledged that it was his bad due to his poor packing. What a freaking disaster for all involved!!!

Comments

• Options
    My ugh for the day is watching cards being held hostage on ebay. The tough thing about collecting Peyton Manning is that some people will list a card with a $2-$3K BIN just because they think someone is desperate enough to pay for it. There's a card I'm watching right now that is a $500-$700 at most card being held for $2K.
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Yes, that drives me nuts also and that is just way too large of a disparity to even consider buying it. Sometimes if I really want something I will give up and buy but not when it is that crazy.
  • Options
    If he knew he was packing them poorly, why didn't he just take his time and do a good job? At least you got your money back. People should ship things the way they would want to receive them.
  • Options

<< <i>If he knew he was packing them poorly, why didn't he just take his time and do a good job? At least you got your money back. People should ship things the way they would want to receive them. >>

Anyone who smokes KNOWS its bad for them, yet most dont quit.
    Overweight people KNOW they are more prone to heart attack, yet they continue to eat cheeseburgers.
    People package items poorly KNOWING that something bad could happen, but......well, im sure you get it by now.