Home Sports Talk
Options

Saints to the superbowl

Talk about a close game image its about time they go to a superbowl

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Saints are very lucky. They were completely outplayed. The Vikings beat themselves with the turnovers and that stupid end of game blunder.
  • Options
    Exactly, Favre and AP handed the Saints the game... where was that high powered offense in the 2nd half? Brees and company will have to get back on track if they want to beat the Colts.

Snorto~
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont listen to these guys Brett, your team made it and thats the BOTTOM LINE.

Congrats and enjoy!
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Saints won the toss bottom line! They won the game!

They won the game! Edited to say: They won the game fare and square!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Exactly, Favre and AP handed the Saints the game... where was that high powered offense in the 2nd half? Brees and company will have to get back on track if they want to beat the Colts >>

yes the saints did get lucky sometimes but what about all those fumbles that the Vikings recovered?also what about those crappy referees they called so many cheap penalties against the saints at the beginning of the game they also did call some crappy calls against the Vikings ?
  • Options
    If you look at the stat sheet for the game it is easy to see who the better team was tonight! The Vikings dominated this game except for one stat ... TURNOVERS!! It's a shame they lost... The Vikes and Colts would have been a great Super Bowl game... Sure makes it easy for the Colts!
    Paul
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Easy for the Colts? Please! Yes, the Vikings outplayed the Saints. Yes, the Saints were fortunate to win. Guess what? They won 15 times this year. Lucky all 15? Not likely. It will be a great Super Bowl!!! Geaux Saints!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    take a closer look at the stats sheet. they not only were out performed in the turnover category but more importantly the score. what means more. yards gained or points. i will take the points every time. i guess vikes fans would rather have the stats than the points. at least this isnt as bad as when there were what 14-2 (or something) and lost in OT at home to Falcons after missing the FG at the end of the regulation.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I always look at how a team plays down the stretch... Championship teams play their best football in the post season.. I didn't see that from the Saints. Yes, they did beat a worn out Cardinal team last week but over the past 5 weeks they have been average at best! They got outplayed big time tonight and I don't see it changing!
    Paul
  • Options
    Easy for the colts are you kidding me. the colts and saints will be a good game. Go saints
  • Options

<< <i>I always look at how a team plays down the stretch... Championship teams play their best football in the post season.. I didn't see that from the Saints. Yes, they did beat a worn out Cardinal team last week but over the past 5 weeks they have been average at best! They got outplayed big time tonight and I don't see it changing!
    Paul >>

umm the last 5 weeks the Vikings have been 2-3 correct??? the vikes sure looked awesome against the panthers and bears didnt they?? with that big win against a giants team that was already out of the playoff race in the last game of the season.

well the vikes didnt play their best today either and arent a championship team. you can say you are a champship type team with 3 lost fumbles, 2 other fumbles and 2 ints. not to mention 12 men in the huddle after a timeout to take you out of FG range to go to the SB.

so much for this team being better than the 1996 Super Bowl XXXI Champion Packers or the 1997 NFC Champion Packers for that matter.

look there are no morale victories in the NFL.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Colts play their regular game it could be real ugly before the half!

I don't see this high powered offence they talk about. Take away the points off turnovers and you got what 14 points.
  • Options
    Take a look at what the Vikes have done the last 10 quarters before this game. 30 points against the Bears in one half..... 45 against the Giants..... a complete domination of the Cowboys who everyone felt was the hottest team in the NFl... Now that is good football down the stretch.... The Vikes played great tonight except for their turnovers and blunders in the past 30 seconds of regulation..... The defense was extremely tough tonight Over 500 yards of offense tonight... almost double that of the Saints along with a complete domination of time of possession.. Needless to say the Vikes choked!
    Paul
  • Options

<< <i>Take a look at what the Vikes have done the last 10 quarters before this game. 30 points against the Bears in one half..... 45 against the Giants..... a complete domination of the Cowboys who everyone felt was the hottest team in the NFl... Now that is good football down the stretch.... The Vikes played great tonight except for their turnovers and blunders in the past 30 seconds of regulation..... The defense was extremely tough tonight Over 500 yards of offense tonight... almost double that of the Saints along with a complete domination of time of possession.. Needless to say the Vikes choked!
    Paul >>

you said in your last post the last 5 games. now you are cherry picking data to prove your point like the global warming people have done. a great team doesnt have 5 turnovers in a championship game and fumble another 2 that they recover.

umm take a look at your stat sheet again. they had 475 yards not over 500 yards of offense. your defense still gave up 31 points. time of possession is one of the most useless stats in football. you can have the ball more but if you dont score more you wasted all your time that you had the ball.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    lol this is too funny the saints won thats it. you cant do nothing to change it doesnt matter about stats its all about how you play the game.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>a great team doesnt have 5 turnovers in a championship game and fumble another 2 that they recover. >>

Bingo!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    You're right... off on the stats a tish... but close enough to get my point across! The Vikes have been playing better football than the Saints.... They dominated this game in every facet except for turnovers and points! You're right... Championship teams don't make as many mistakes as the Vikings did tonight and they lost because of it.. no one to blame but themselves! As AP said after the game, " We gave this one to them!"
    Paul
  • Options

<< <i>The Saints are very lucky. They were completely outplayed. The Vikings beat themselves with the turnovers and that stupid end of game blunder. >>

and the bad calls by the refs.
  • Options
    You are absolutely right. The Vikings dominated the stat sheet. They are going to Miami. Oh, they aren't? You mean they lost? So is it possible that a team can win and not win the statistical yardage battle? Happens all the time. Should the Colts be the favorite? Of course. But a heavy favorite? No way. The Saints have always found a way to win all season. It doesn't matter how pretty. It just matters if you win. Both of these teams are excellent teams with flaws. Either could win.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The Vikings lost the game... the Saints didn't win it! Nothing but a big choke job in Minnesota!
    Paul
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Great game. I hope the Superbowl is as good.
  • Options

<< <i>Great game. I hope the Superbowl is as good. >>

should be a great gameimage especially since drew brees and Peyton Manning are going head to head
  • Options
    The New York Giants have a banner hanging from the Super Bowl against Buffalo. Buffalo should have won. They missed a field goal at the end of a game they had. But, whether the Giants beat Buffalo, or Buffalo beat Buffalo, the end result is Giants were Super Bowl Champs. When a NASCAR driver gets in a wreck or runs out of gas on the last lap, does the winning driver refuse to take the win? Heck no!!! When a goalie stops 45 shots in a shutout and a team wins 1-0 while only getting 15 shots on goal, do they refuse the win? Hardly.

Vikings gave it away on Sunday. True. But somebody's got to take it. The Saints did. Scoreboard. NFC Champs.
  • Options

Today in the Madden abode, the lady of the house spent her morning hiding the sharp objects and wiping the spittle from Big John's chin.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Today in the Madden abode, the lady of the house spent her morning hiding the sharp objects and wiping the spittle from Big John's chin. >>

That is funny!

I gotta admit I felt bad for Favre during his aftergame speech, the guy knows he pretty much or at the least potentially blew the game and he DID get the bag beat out of him.

He is a gunslinger and being that guy this type of thing happens and for him its happened too many times.

The guy loves the game and gives it his all physically, mentally however I do think at times he plays selfishly trying to get that dangerous pass completed and it cost his team.

I think the Colts have a very underatted Defense, everyone is talking about Manning but the Defense is playing well too. Colts 45- 31
  • Options
    Indy in a blowout! The Colts will march up and down the field on the Saints defense and they won't turn the ball over like the Vikes did.. The Colts defense is playing outstanding just like the Vikings defense which held the Saints to only one first down in their last 8 possessions leading up to overtime.... Indy 35 Saints 14
    Paul
  • Options
    Colts defense is playing outstanding, but the Saints are not. Um.... the Colts have played the vaunted offensive powerhouses Baltimore and the New York Jets with their legendary quarterbacks Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez. The Saints have played a Cardinals team led by Kurt Warner that was coming off of a 51 point game against the Packers and the Vikings led by Brett Favre, who were coming off of a 34 point effort against a very respected Cowboys defense. How can you compare the stats?
  • Options
    Flacco and Sanchez are young and inexperienced! The Cardinals were worn out and Warner was hurt! The Colts are the real deal and after MN put up 475 yards of offense and 31 first downs on the Saints I hate to see what the best offense in the league does to them in 2 weeks.
    Paul
  • Options
    Saints 33 image
    Colts 21
  • Options
    Only one week away image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Paul, GlossyCrazy - your mouth is really overloading your butt!

If you believe everything you've written and are so confident -

drop me a PM and let's have a little chat regarding swapping

some Federal Reserve Notes!

Stats are for Losers. Just check the scoreboard, OK! image

Put up or shut up. image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Well guys - thanks for everything! image