Home Precious Metals
Options

What's a fair price for a 1/10 oz AGE?

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a friend who wants to sell me a few 1/10 oz AGE's of various dates and I want to pay him a fair price but not full retail. What are dealers paying for 1/10 oz AGE's? Do any dates carry a premium over the generic dates? Thanks for any help.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The US Mint charges the "Authorized Purchasers" ...9% above spot. (That is the lowest premium you are going to find)...Now the Authorized Purchasers sell them to bullion Dealers, I would guess at 20% above spot. As such, I would say paying no more than 20% above spot, is a good price.US Mint
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    What are dealers that buy/sell bullion paying for 1/10 oz AGE's? Do they normally pay 9% over melt for these coins?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buy prices are around $122 and sell prices at around $137 from volume dealers with gold @ $1090. MJ
    CNI quote
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>buy prices are around $122 and sell prices at around $137 from volume dealers with gold @ $1090. MJ
    CNI quote >>

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>buy prices are around $122 and sell prices at around $137 from volume dealers with gold @ $1090. MJ
    CNI quote >>

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. >>

In order to lock in that price, "minimum bullion order is $2000" .... & I suspect that does not include the 2009 1/10th ozers.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Curious to know who does the mint consider "authorized" to buy bulk silver and gold?

*edit* nevermind. read the link. Why do they set these guidelines? To prevent massive hoarding?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set