Home Sports Talk
Options

Jets could be the 2001 Patriots reborn

2»

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I didn't see anything today that changes my mind about how good the Jets are. No reason to think they can't be back in this spot again next year. I thought Sanchez played well, but Manning played out of his mind, even by his standards.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Jets came crashing back to earth today - at least in the game I saw. Their great running game? Out ran by the Colts. Their great defense? Peyton Manning is still out there completing passes against it. Sanchez? He had two fairly easy TD tosses, and then checked out of the game somewhere around the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I get that Jets fans are excited about seeing an essentially lost season end up with an improbable playoff run, but no way is this team built for any long term success.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanchez? He had two fairly easy TD tosses, and then checked out of the game somewhere around the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I get that Jets fans are excited about seeing an essentially lost season end up with an improbable playoff run, but no way is this team built for any long term success.

More clueless banter from "Scout" Jerry...You are such a homer that virtually everything you say borders on the ridiculous. 2 easy TDs? LMAO! As I stated previously, at least your fellow NE fans on this board have some objectivity and knowledge of the game.

Edit: But don't worry, maybe Goodell will allow the Pats to start taping other teams' practices again...in that case, you might have a chance to win a playoff game again! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Jets came crashing back to earth today - at least in the game I saw. Their great running game? Out ran by the Colts. Their great defense? Peyton Manning is still out there completing passes against it. Sanchez? He had two fairly easy TD tosses, and then checked out of the game somewhere around the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I get that Jets fans are excited about seeing an essentially lost season end up with an improbable playoff run, but no way is this team built for any long term success. >>

Good line, best corner in the game (and still young), a good running back, good young quarterback... what are they missing?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    "At least in the game I saw."

I wonder what game you were watching.

(Eyeroll)

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Okay, let me be a little more objective -

Sanchez played his best game today. No, I'm being serious - up until now, he really only managed the games (sometimes not very well) and tried to do as little as possible to not screw up the game. But today, in the first half, he stepped up and made a few big throws and a few nice plays to get himself out of trouble. He should be able to build on this game going forward. (Look, I said something nice about a New York player! This won't happen every day).

But the Jets defense is missing something very important - a big time pass rusher. And when you don't have one, a top notch QB can eventually pick up the blitzes and start shredding the defense, as Manning did very easily today. And Rex Ryan is a jerk. Or at least, that is the image he wants to portray. Too many teams have soft coaches (Dallas - San Diego) and their teams reflect that softness. Ryan is trying to talk tough so that the Jets might follow that image, but instead he is just comes off looking like a jerk. As Manning said after the game today, "We just went to work this week and kept our mouths shut". Clearly, he was referring to the weeks worth of garbage that Ryan was spewing.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll agree that Ryan should tone down the rhetoric and focus on Xs and Os...this was his first season as head coach and I expect (or at least hope) that he will get better in the future along with his team.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<But the Jets defense is missing something very important - a big time pass rusher. >>> image

As for Ryan....I think he'll tone it down some as he goes forward. I think he was just looking to make a splash this year and get his team behind him (which he did). I honestly don't mind his press conferences, I think they are entertaining.