Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Platinum Panda

Hey

What do the platinum panda 1oz coins typically sell for? Do some years sell for more than others?

Thanks

Comments

• Hopefully this will give you some idea. Evidently there are some that are quite scarce.
    Jim
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I only collect 1 troy ounce gold and platinum pandas and the 1 troy ounce platinum pandas were only issued from 1987 thru 1990 as proofs. The max mintages vary from 1000 to 2000 and the one that carries the most premium among them is the 1990. Besides the 4 - 1 troy ounce issues from 1987 - 1990, there is a 1987 NY coin show issue with a mintage of 1000 that carries a large premium because it has the twin towers on the NY skyline reverse. There is also a 1988 1 troy ounce gold Basel coin show panda what was erroneously minted on a platinum die (estimated total mintage is 1000 with 600 estimated errors and 400 good ones minted on the gold die). image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Good stuff right there Trozau!
    stumpy041486,

I tried to answer your PM but you don't have your PM turned on. Check out eBay for current listings and recent sell prices to get a better idea of how much they go for. Here is another web site that lists platinum pandas: clickable link

Good luck. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Thanks guys! I turned on the PMs now, I don't know how it let me send one with it turned off.
  • Whatever you do, DONT get into the panda plat fracs from 1993-1997. That set is HUGE money right now. We are talking about 3/4 of an ounce of platinum in the 10 coin set (each of the 5 years has 2 coins...1/20th and 1/10th), and if all 10 were in original plastic, it would cost over $6,000...and thats being super conservative!
  • Hi!

I am a New Member from South East Asia.

I am crazy about Platinum. Your insight is very useful.

JCoin

<< <i>Hi!

I am a New Member from South East Asia.

I am crazy about Platinum.

JCoin >>

image to the forum.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)