Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is a "Field of Dreams" COA any good?

Anyone know if they are garbage or legit? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know if they are garbage or legit? Thanks >>

I'm going on recollection Allen - they do alot of their own signings and show pics of it with certification.

They have some really slick looking stores.

I think they also have signings at certain stores also.

I'm leaning more towards legit than garbage.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Company Connection: Field of Dreams is a division of Dreams Incorporated (DRMS), which is the largest publicly traded sports and celebrity memorabilia company in the world. We are proud to have numerous high profile athletes as shareholders, as well as having had athletes such as Dan Marino and John Elway serve on our Board of Directors. These types of relationships enable us to secure many products that are exclusive to Field of Dreams.

Strategic Partnerships: Field of Dreams is a strategic partner with Major League Baseball (MLB). Throughout the year you will see us running exclusive MLB promotions including bringing past and present MLB players to our stores across the country for public signings. In addition, Field of Dreams is working with MLB to help introduce and implement the new MLB authenticity program. We are also proud to say NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL have given us official licenses as distributors of autographed products.

Private Signings: To ensure that our autographs are authentic, Field of Dreams and our sister company, Mounted Memories, arranges for over 500 private signings with high profile athletes throughout the year. Together, we are the world’s largest supplier of authentic signed sports and celebrity memorabilia. We also have the buying power of a national chain and buy from reputable national companies who have all passed a very detailed investigation in order to become approved vendors.

Exclusive Sport Mark™: Every Field of Dreams autographed item comes with our registered Sport Mark™ number. This number appears on both the item and the certificate, permanently linking them together – an industry first. Plus our certificates are a GUARANTEE of authenticity, assuring you that you can always buy with confidence at Field of Dreams. You can rely on our guarantee that you have received the real thing.

With these credentials, you can shop at Field of Dreams and not worry about the biggest problem in the industry - authenticity! To serve your needs, Field of Dreams has almost 40 stores in major malls and retail locations from coast to coast.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

The stores are amazing!They had one nearby a few years ago,
    it was the only time I didn't mind going shopping at the mall.I always left
    the store alot lighter in the pocket than when I got there.Top notch stuff if ya ask me.
    What do you got??

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I think these three posts have been the most informative and on topic posts I have ever seen!

I went to a Pete Rose signing at a field of dreams location he charged $35 for an 8x10 and wrote hit king and #4256 for free! That was about 3 years ago.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    They also unload items on eBay from time to time. Nothing I have seen for sale looks less than 100% authentic, so I would say go for it. Their items are in the same category as Steiner for legitamcy.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭
    While the vast majority of their stuff is solid, they admitably bought (and regretably re-sold) some "signed" Ripken material a few years back that were forgeries...Certanily not a lock like UDA
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I have a few of these "COA" papers from Field of Dreams, cause my wife shops in the shopping mall for my gifts! I believe they are legit, but I have not made any attempt to sell the items which are connected! IMO, they are as authentic as every other piece of paper I have from an authorised vendor other than PSA! Why do I believe in PSA? Cause they say they are the experts! Should I question them? ..... Well, I think YES! Do I give my money to PSA? ..... Again, YES!

OK, so I believe in PSA because I give them my money to evaluate my items, just because everyone else seems to believe..... OK, here are some more items to grade so that I can have more samples to determine your value.....

I remain gobsmacked!

Cheers,
    MrG
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports