Home Metal Detecting

My First Find

dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
I had my first find a couple days ago. It was an old wedding ring with probably a 1/4 carat diamond in it. But.....I didn't find it in the ground. I found it on the floor in my doctor's exam room. Ended up belonging to a 90+ year old lady. The ring is 75 years old, and her and the hubby's marriage is still going strong. I'm sure it made her day, because it made my day.
> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
>

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

Comments

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    What a wonderful find resulting in a totally happy ending. I bet you felt great returning a life time of memories to someone's wife of all those years!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    awesome!!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding Don... gives a good feeling to.... Cheers, RickO
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

I've posted this before, but I'll share it again:

A couple of weeks after my brother got his first detector, we were at my grandma's for a family get together, I think it was Thanksgiving Day. After lunch, we decided to try it out as he had brought it with him to poke around. After about 30 minutes or so, his VERY FIRST find was a Standing Liberty Quarter by an old cement fish pond/waterfountian. We were EXSTATIC to say the least. Anyways, after that we were poking around the clothesline area when he hit a good beep and decided to dig it up. To our astonishment, it was a wedding band. But not just any wedding band, THE first engagement/wedding band that was my grandma's that she lost 40 years earlier while hanging up clothes. We ran into the house to show everyone what we found (not knowing at this point that it was grandma's lost diamond ring). As soon as she saw it she burst into tears and she began to tell us the whole story behind it. It was an awesome day all the way around.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Awesome story! That had to feel good once you heard the story.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guitarwes
    I just love that story.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

being part of finding that wedding band was a tremendous experience. If we had've stuck oil and gold that day digging under the clothesline I think finding that ring would have overshadowed anything else we possibly could have found.

Although I've never found one, I could see where finding and returning long lost class rings is a true rewarding experience. You'll never know what it means to people.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.