Home Metal Detecting
Options

Buying a new detector.

All,

wanting to get a new detector. im in a old part of tenn now with alot of old housing area dating back to the early 1800's.

I'm thinking about a Treasure pro xj9 3050 which i can get shipped for 180$. Has anyone had any exp with it or a similar.

any help would be great.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No experience with that unit. However, I would advise getting a 'tried and true brand' such as the Ace 250 for about the same amount of money. It is a very good unit for the price and has a large supporting user base. Try www.metaldetectingforum.com for evaluations and inputs. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I did some research on it and the feedback is good. it has the following:

The 3050 has an amazing combination of technology to make it truly second to none among its peers. The 3050 has Treasure Hunters patented multi-frequency deep search technology found only in Treasure Hunter 3019, and XJ9-3050 metal detectors. This model is equipped with a powerful 32 bit Z-TEX Computer Microprocessor for increased depth and discrimination. The large LCD screen will visually indentify the target, the depth of the target, and pinpoint the target. This detector can achieve depths of 30cm (12") for a coin the size of a US quarter. Can detect a silver dollar at 16" depth. At the same time, this detector will tell the difference between an old wheat penny from the new zinc type of penny. This detector uses multi-frequency technology to achieve greater depths and increased discrimination. With the multi-frequency technology the XJ9-3050 can recover coins, relics, treasure as well as gold nuggets

V/R
    Chris
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your research include actual feedback from users (not promotional stuff) on MD forums? I have seen no such feedback on multiple forums I belong to. Not saying it is not real, but certainly if it were, the forums would be buzzing with feedback about that unit. Your choice. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Ricko, check the feedback from actual users of this detector before even considering purchasing it. I've never heard of it either, but have heard dozens of wonderful reviews of the Ace 250. I did a quick check over at TreasureNet in the "other brands" section of metal detectors and didn't find it.

I'd consider all affordable detector options before buying one. But in the end, as Ricko said, it's your decision.

update, did find one thread here but not too much info on it
  • Options
    Ace 250 is a good choice.. Can also try for Bounty Hunter, Titan , Cobra metal detectors, these are all purpose metal detectors..

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Buy a used XLT or some other Whites brand.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    >>At the same time, this detector will tell the difference between an old wheat penny from the new zinc type of penny<<

A 20 year old White's Eagle will do that. And a lot more;-)

Good Luck
    Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage