Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wheat hoard 10 M goal

Just an update on my wheat hoard plan to reach the 10 million wheat cents. As of december 31 2009 my count is 1,455,000 wheat cents. with the raise in the copper price this is getting more expensive now!!!!
Keithimage

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, but what do you store that many cents in?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    $14,550 dollars worth of Wheat's ?

April 1st came early this year.

I call BS

JMHO

No pics ?

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I believe it.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is a legit post.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$14,550 dollars worth of Wheat's ?

April 1st came early this year.

I call BS

JMHO

No pics ?

Bob >>

I also believe him image
  • Options
    1,455,000 Cents (pennies) would weigh just under 10,000 pounds. 9965 pound to be exact.

5 tons of pennies , I don't think so.

Bob

A picture is worth a thousand words
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    I can beleive it.There is a guy in Joplin,Mo with about 1 million wheats in his living room in boxes..His floor sags..(LOL) It's the truth
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Ten million wheat cents at 3.1 grams each comes out to about 68,343 pounds.

That's a little more than a large semi-truck can carry.

It's certainly more than a wood frame house can bear.

I do know that my local B+M coin dealer was approached by a fellow that wanted to sell about 700 pounds of cents. 700 pounds would probably put my vehicle on it's suspension bump-stops.
  • Options
    compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    This is just a follow up on my previous post
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=667114&highlight_key=y
    Now my goal is 10 million
    Bob, by the way i really dont care if you believe it or not, jus check my post history to see if this is BS

keithimage

It says your photobucket account is inactive so we can't see the pictures!!

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    link not working :}
    Past transactions with:
  • Options
    10 million seems like a stretch, but to the dedicated hoarder all is possible. Would you folks have believed Redfield if he were on this forum?
  • Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have increased your goal to 10 million!

Way to go Keith!
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Sort of interesting when coin collecting transcends into the realm of foundation stability and local soil load bearing capability.
  • Options
    Keith, have you checked the dates on all of these ? If so what is your best find ?
  • Options
    Will post new pictures before the end of the day. most of this are common dates (just a random sample) I had check maybe less than 1%, my idea is to spend my retirement years looking into the hoard (about 20 years from now!)
    Keithimage
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

His next money makin' venture is to charge cherrypicker's $25/hour to go through them......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Will post new pictures before the end of the day. most of this are common dates (just a random sample) I had check maybe less than 1%, my idea is to spend my retirement years looking into the hoard (about 20 years from now!)
    Keithimage >>

I hope the hell your eyes hold up image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10,000,000 pennies can be formed by a cube with 215 pennies in each dimension. Doesn't seem like so many when you think of it that way.....

Or if you stacked up 20 rolls to make a thousand pennies, then you would need a cube of 100 rolls X 100 rolls X 20 rolls high. It would take up the larger part of a bedroom.

I would really like to know how Compromonedas is storing these & if he is concerned about his house caving in.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I noticed he lives in Texas so unless it is in an older, like way older house in the country the house is build on a concrete slab with no basement. You can really load up the weight on those with no problem!

Cool goal I guess....and I suppose the reason why is 'just because'. I wish I had the room in my house for a project like that!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Just keep your eyes open for a newspaper headline: "Texas house swallowed in sinkhole."
  • Options

<< <i>10,000,000 pennies can be formed by a cube with 215 pennies in each dimension. Doesn't seem like so many when you think of it that way.....

Or if you stacked up 20 rolls to make a thousand pennies, then you would need a cube of 100 rolls X 100 rolls X 20 rolls high. It would take up the larger part of a bedroom.

I would really like to know how Compromonedas is storing these & if he is concerned about his house caving in. >>

old pictures- about a year ago
  • Options
    Still not working image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal is to have a billion nickels by the time I'm 62, 20 years from now.

So far I have 347 nickels toward my goal. Only 999,999,653 nickels to go!

(no pictures)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will post new pictures before the end of the day. most of this are common dates (just a random sample) I had check maybe less than 1%, my idea is to spend my retirement years looking into the hoard (about 20 years from now!)
    Keithimage >>

That will not be fun. If you are like most of us retirees your eyes won't be able to handle the search.
    You best search them now and then put those away, separately, and you'll be better off.

Good luck,
    bob

PS: I don't bother to even look at cents anymore. Trifocals, loupes, headaches, etc.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the latest on your wheat collection and goal? How many 55 gallon drums are in your garage now?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time for an update @compromonedas ....Ten years down the road... Whacha got now??? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I'm not sure I believe you and if your from Georgia or Florida, I want a recount :smiley:
    That's a lot of wheat cents

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018 7:38PM

@Baley said:
    My goal is to have a billion nickels by the time I'm 62, 20 years from now.

So far I have 347 nickels toward my goal. Only 999,999,653 nickels to go!

(no pictures)

Pictures or I don’t believe it! :smiley:

I have about 4000 nickels to help get you there. A full canvas bag of 1963-D (minus a few I had slabbed).

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018 12:51AM

Any current status from the original poster ? :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

He/she was on forum 3 days ago.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    He/she was on forum 3 days ago.

Probably counting to answer the question. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

my boss is a prolific Cent buyer, we currently have around 100 bags of Wheat Cents(5,000/bag) in the store and, yes, they have all been searched and sorted --- Teens, 20's, 30's, 40's/50's, AU and "S" Mint --- by either the person(s) we bought them from or by us, mostly by us. my perception of hell is sorting Wheat Cents with headphones on listening to Elvis Presley!! it can be a daunting task on some really slow, boring days.

at one point culminating around early 2014 he had accumulated over 300 bags, 1.5 million searched Wheat Cents. he finally sold them to Silvertowne and it took them two trips in three vans to haul them away. we used to tube the coins by better dates and found at least one example of every key date except a 1955 DDO.

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

we used to tube the coins by better dates and found at least one example of every key date except a 1955 DDO.

What was the condition of 1909 S V.D.B and was it verified as authentic?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally found the thread with working pictures.

All I can say is WOW, what a plan for retirement @compromonedas.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/819143/my-wheat-cents-hoard

One of the pics

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

One of the pics

Poor mailman!!!

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much do those trash cans weigh each?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

And just to let your heirs know how you really feel about them, buy them all a Cherrypickers' Guide right before you die. :D

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brute trash cans should do an ad campaign with this. That hoard would no doubt split my plastic trash cans. btw, What does the Wife say?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018 12:41AM

@Hemispherical said:

One of the pics

I hate to say this but I think you have a Serious problem. I guess it’s better than having thousands of cats in your house.

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm stuck on how a poster can have 1 visit but 1,167 posts... Does he ever log out? :D

Username
    compromonedas
    Visits
    Last Active
    December 13, 2018 2:13PM
    Roles
    Members
    Badges

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum software reset.
    Likely visited once since the software changed.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file