Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DAMN! Orlando is going to be "cold" for FUN!

Looks like highs in the low 60's and lows in the high 30's!

What the hell....more jeans, less shorts this time. image

Comments

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Orland i goint to be "cold" for FUN! >>

What an interesting interpretation of a southern accent. Who is Orland?

Oh right. iPhone.

I was wondering when your coins were coming up. This is it, isn't it? You must be torn between excitement and...non-excitement.
  • Options
    We all wish you good luck Sainty! Hope your coins set record prices.
    OLDER IS BETTER
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to wear your zoobaz pants to be able to stuff all that yang somewhere after the sale.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I edited the title, Weisenheimer.

Thanks for the well-wishes on the coins. So far it looks pretty good. It's the last third $$ that counts, though@!!image
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    We know you can spell if you can get Weisenheimer the first time.

Don't ever change.

I was in Orlando once when it froze. I could hardly believe that such a place could snap so cold (and kill all the plants).
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, there has been quite a cold spell in Florida this year. Today it's going to hit 70+ in Tampa, but it's cloudy. Sorry we couldn't do better by you. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Yes I just went to the bank and had to turn the AC on in Orlando image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    It's 78 here today.

BRRR
  • Options
    So is what I see on The Weather Channel wrong? image
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like highs in the low 60's and lows in the high 30's!

What the hell....more jeans, less shorts this time. image >>

It's that damn global warming theory not working again.image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's that damn global warming theory not working again.image >>

Right alongside your application of statistics image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just as long as the bidding is warm
  • Options

<< <i>

Just as long as the bidding is warm >>

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes I just went to the bank and had to turn the AC on in Orlando image >>

Same in Palm City.But may be a little warmer in Juipiterimage
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Have you noticed that we always experience a few cold days whenever we have the FUN show? I still recall a few nights in the last few years when the temperature was in the 30's.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have you noticed that we always experience a few cold days whenever we have the FUN show? I still recall a few nights in the last few years when the temperature was in the 30's. >>

I have never seen that problem during Summer FUN, though that would be refreshing! image
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

<< <i>Yea, there has been quite a cold spell in Florida this year. Today it's going to hit 70+ in Tampa, but it's cloudy. Sorry we couldn't do better by you. image >>

As I look out here it is snowing. I'll be in Safety Harbor after Friday, keep that 70 degrees Bill, that sounds just fine!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Yes, my ex took my kids to Naples for Christmas break...looks like it is warmer here...kids sound bored when I talk to them. Oh well. --jerry
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago when it was in Ft. Lauderdale it was really cold too - it's going to be like golfing in Seattle! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should make packing easier for me. Light jacket I'm wearing when I leave here will actually be usable at night when I get there.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and a jacket covers your shoulder holster without appearing inappropriately dressed

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop complaining...I am camping while I am there!!!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭
    The Weather channel don't lie.

Looks like the longest stretch of ~30 degree weather I have seen down here in many years.imageimage
    computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>The Weather channel don't lie.

Looks like the longest stretch of ~30 degree weather I have seen down here in many years.imageimage >>

Maybe it will snow imageimage
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty cool for Orlando...Wish i was going to be there it would actually be quite warmer then where we live...Out my window right now it`s a balmy -28C...And it maybe quite a bit colder then that with all the food that is being cooked in here right now i`m sure there is plenty of heat lose out our windows...lol At these temps it would definitely put some frost on your cameos...image Speaking of frost on cameos here`s one of mine with some nice frost happening...Love these little guys!
    Happy New Year to everyone.....

ABimage

• Options
    Well that IHC should keep you warm at night......I can't imagine being anywhere -28 degrees.....holy smokes. Don't worry AB....I will buy some toners at FUN that will hopefully raise the temperature around here image
  • Options
    It is warmer in Ortolan-do. Best of luck at the auction, Jay.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place I know of in the states where the temps plummet to -28C. is at the summit of Mt. Washington. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only place I know of in the states where the temps plummet to -28C. is at the summit of Mt. Washington. >>

Ummmm, with a name like Aurora borealis and a moose coin avatar, I'd guess somewhere in Alaska!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Good luck in Orlando Krypto hope you find some cool stuff and would love to see them...I would have to becareful concerning my wife if i relied on the IHC keeping me warm though...image Believe it or not it can get a whole lot colder then -28C which is somewhere around -7F...

AB image
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    good luck saintguru.
    figglehorn
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's still warm enough for golfing!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    More frost seeing it`s so cold out...Sorry Kyrpto no color on this one but mind blowing frost....

AB image

• Options
    I will let that one slide since you have provided some extra color around here over the past few days.....but...

I am watching you mister !!!

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    I think yesterday we had a high of 17 and a low of -8

the low 60s is definitely shorts and t-shirt weather
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be, Al Gore say's we're in global warming.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Ok Krypto sorry about that dmpl so this is what a persons face really looks like when you go out at -28C...

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's 78 here today.

BRRR >>

Freeze danger next week to the citrus crops ..buy O.J . futures
  • Options
    Tucson is an odd place. Got a bit of sun in nice mid 60's weather. Now it is about 45 and dropping.
  • Options
    Good Luck Saint , Hope you exceed your wildest expectations ,
    Personally I will be sitting on a beach HI 85 and low 75 for FUN
    Buy the dips!!!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think yesterday we had a high of 17 and a low of -8

the low 60s is definitely shorts and t-shirt weather >>

even 30s sounds toasty!
  • Options

<< <i>Ok Krypto sorry about that dmpl so this is what a persons face really looks like when you go out at -28C...

image >>

NOW YOUR TALKING....YOU MUST BE MELTING THE SNOW AROUND YOUR HOUSE WITH THAT ONE image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file