Home Precious Metals
Options

2010 WISH

I would like to wish all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

My 2010 wish is that gold reaches $2010.

Wouldn't that be great for our new decade?image

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    A happy and successful new year to all!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Uh, no. Slow 'n steady. Gravity's a b****h image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wouldn't that be great for our new decade? >>

The next decade starts on Jan 1, 2011. Maybe it'll reach $2011 by then image
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like to wish all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

My 2010 wish is that gold reaches $2010.

Wouldn't that be great for our new decade?image >>

AND the GSR drops to 16 . . .

. . . Well while we're wishing ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it would reach my post count.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish it would reach my post count. >>

If you stop posting, it may in your lifetime, but only if you're in your 20'simage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

The next decade starts on Jan 1, 2011. Maybe it'll reach $2011 by then image >>

If Jan 2000 was the start of the new Millenium,
    then one year later = Jan 2001
    two years later = Jan 2002
    three years later = Jan 2003
    four years later = Jan 2004
    five years later = Jan 2005
    six years later = Jan 2006
    seven years later = Jan 2007
    eight years later = Jan 2008
    nine years later= Jan 2009
    ten years later= Jan 2010
    After ten years, a new decade starts, which would start in January 2010.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The next decade starts on Jan 1, 2011. Maybe it'll reach $2011 by then image >>

If Jan 2000 was the start of the new Millenium,
    then one year later = Jan 2001
    two years later = Jan 2002
    three years later = Jan 2003
    four years later = Jan 2004
    five years later = Jan 2005
    six years later = Jan 2006
    seven years later = Jan 2007
    eight years later = Jan 2008
    nine years later= Jan 2009
    ten years later= Jan 2010
    After ten years, a new decade starts, which would start in January 2010. >>

That's the way I see it too, and I believe most do, but back in 2000 there was a contingent who was trying to convince everybody that the new decade/century/millennium actually started a year later, in 2001. I think that's a bunch of rubbish, and no matter what kind of convoluted logic they conjure up, it doesn't make sense.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>That's the way I see it too, and I believe most do, but back in 2000 there was a contingent who was trying to convince everybody that the new decade/century/millennium actually started a year later, in 2001. I think that's a bunch of rubbish, and no matter what kind of convoluted logic they conjure up, it doesn't make sense. >>

LOL...yeah, that "bunch of rubbish" is basic math. There was no year zero.

That makes year 11 the start of the next decade. And it goes all the way to 2011. And yes, 2001 is the correct beginning of the millennium. You don't believe me? Do a Google search for Gregorian calendar.
  • Options
    It's not that I don't believe that Google has oodles of info on the topic, but my point is that it's just plain dumb to call 2011 the beginning of the decade when intuitively we all see a new decade start with 10 or 20 or 50, etc. Don't you understand? Let's just say that what happened over 2000 years ago is hardly a good reason to keep repeating that a decades starts with an 11 or 51. Let's just say they got it wrong 2000 years ago by shorting the first decade one year. That's the way I look at it, and most people (if I'm not mistaken). It's just intuitive.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    I'm just stating what's mathematically correct. Intuitive or not, it's correct. Regardless, it has nothing to do with PMs image
  • Options
    And I agree with you...but why let something as trivial as logic, mathematics and reason get in the way? image

imageimageimage

Happy New Year!
    .....GOD