Home Precious Metals
Options

MONEX:Silver Investors Ordered To Keep Gripes Off Web

Howdaya like this one in Forbes?

Silver Investors Ordered To Keep Gripes Off Web
William P. Barrett, 12.28.09, 12:30 PM EST
Judge bars angry Monex customers from posting negative comments, even if true.

If you start a Web page to attack a company that cost you $32,000, don't offer to take down the site for $20 million--unless you first file a lawsuit.

That arguably is one lesson from a strange case with interesting First Amendment implications now winding its way through the federal court in Orange County, Calif. It concerns Monex, the controversial Newport Beach precious-metals dealer with a long history of unhappy customers, regulatory run-ins and, if you believe a pending Internal Revenue Service lawsuit, fraudulent tax avoidance to the tune of $378 million.
DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH MONEX?

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    "Gleaned" from another forum:

Legal Actions:
    RESTRAINING ORDER

Alleged "Things" happening at Monex

LOTS more

Is there also a rare coin division ??
  • Options
    last link didnt work

Very interesting. This should be interesting to follow.
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>last link didnt work

Very interesting. This should be interesting to follow. >>

Hmmm, here's the link again, https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=55628
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I've purchased from Monex last year and it was a good transaction. I took physical delivery and they had the best price.

I agree though that their leveraged accounts and other trading that they do might be a bit dodgy, but for physical delivery they are OK. I called them recently though and they are no longer competitive on bullion premiums so I have no plans to use them again any time soon.
  • Options
    To put up a website with negative info that could cost a company money and offering to take it down for a price could be called.... Extortion. even if its true.

Kinda like, Its still blackmail, even if the husband WAS cheating.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To put up a website with negative info that could cost a company money and offering to take it down for a price could be called.... Extortion. even if its true. >>

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>To put up a website with negative info that could cost a company money and offering to take it down for a price could be called.... Extortion. even if its true. >>

image >>

Or in layman's language.....BLACKMAIL
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Maybe I was just lucky , but have had physical delivery and margin account dealings with monex over the years , and all turned out well.
    Buy the dips!!!