Home Precious Metals

ASE or Maple Leafs?

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
I know there is the 90% crowd which is nice. Which one would you choose between these two? Leafs or ASE's? ASE's are recognizable, but Leafs are pure. Which would you choose? I'm leaning toward Maple leafs. Is there really any difference and should I just stick to my preference?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    .999 ASE's way more popular in my part of the country. AGE's too!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.999 ASE's way more popular in my part of the country. AGE's too! >>

But, Maple Leafs are 9999 fine. Isn't that better?image

Actually, I like both and have both in my silver stash. It doesn't hurt to have a little variety in you PM portfolio.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, I like both and have both in my silver stash. It doesn't hurt to have a little variety in you PM portfolio >>

I agree. I have both in my small stash too.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    image OK, I don't know why I was thinking ASE's are 90%. Now that I am sitting here awake with a sound mind I remember they're .999

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    having both is good. Diversity is a good thing.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • I like the Maples better. They have a $5 face value and generally can be had at lower premiums than the ASEs.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image OK, I don't know why I was thinking ASE's are 90%. Now that I am sitting here awake with a sound mind I remember they're .999 >>

You may have been thinking of the walkers that the ASE's design was copied from.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• << <i>having both is good. Diversity is a good thing. >>

I agree, I have roughly 50% Eagles and 50% Maples. Diversity is a good thing and both are recognized bullion coins.
  • No such thing as too much of eitherimage
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image OK, I don't know why I was thinking ASE's are 90%. Now that I am sitting here awake with a sound mind I remember they're .999 >>

You may have been thinking of the walkers that the ASE's design was copied from. >>

either that or my brain wasn't in the on position.imageimage

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Mexican libertads' best, I just prefer buxom bullion.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.