Home Precious Metals

Engelhard Prospector Type Set.

Just thought I would share this while I had them out.

Please excuse the scan .... do not have the camera set up yet.

I am working on a full date set. NOT easy to find!!

Great thing about collecting Prospectors...

NO grey sheet and lots of value for the money!!

Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• Nice set indeed, did they ever make palladium prospectors???
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Just dont look for any silver fracs in years other than '85 or you will never "complete" the set!image I wager that fewer than 50 people worldwide have the combination of bullion you posted.
  • G109 .... You are correct .... The fractional silvers were only made in 1985.

The gold fractionals were made, as far as I can tell, from 1982 thru 1986.

Norseman88 ....... So far, I have not found any Pd Prospectors .... but who knows!!

I hope to post a bullion report from the FUN show.... maybe with some pix's image

Keep on Stacking!!
    Silver Baron
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once had a roll of the 1/4 oz. Prospectors. They had made a mistake and put 41 pieces into the roll, so I still have a 1/4 ozer that I have kept as a pocket piece.image

Added: That roll was silver, not gold.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Great set John. I'm 70% certain I've seen a Pd prospector before.
  • I'm 70% certain I've seen a Pd prospector before.

I sure hope so ..... Please keep your peepers open for me !! image

I sure would pay a lot for the Engelhard Prospector/bar PM production records.

Any ideas? image

Silver Baron
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I follow these rounds on ebay( with the assay card still intact) and they go for a very nice premium.

I have seen 1/10 sell as high as $250 and 1/4 as much as $450 ...not bad at all for "bullion"

The bars do go closer to melt, but some odd sizes like the 2.5 gram could go up to 2X spot. The1 gram and 5 gram ( the most common bars) usually sell for a normal premium.

Very nice collection.!

A silver engelhard type set could be interesting as well ...when i counted my one ouncers a while back i had about 9 different styles.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx

• << <i>I follow these rounds on ebay( with the assay card still intact) and they go for a very nice premium.

I have seen 1/10 sell as high as $250 and 1/4 as much as $450 ...not bad at all for "bullion"

The bars do go closer to melt, but some odd sizes like the 2.5 gram could go up to 2X spot. The1 gram and 5 gram ( the most common bars) usually sell for a normal premium.

Very nice collection.!

A silver engelhard type set could be interesting as well ...when i counted my one ouncers a while back i had about 9 different styles. >>

The local B&M had 1 oz. and 1/2 oz. Gold Prospector's with assay cards, do these also bring a premium over spot???
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    yes but not as dramatic as the smaller fractionals.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic type set. Thanks for posting!

Loves me some shiny!