Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Carnton Flying Eagle and Indian Cent Collection to be on display at FUN (FE images posted)

Eagle Eye announcement with grades.

This is a totally photo Sealed collection assembled through Eagle Eye (Rick Snow and Brian Wagner) mostly in the 1990's.

The Flying Eagle collection is tied with Stewart's for finest known. The 1856 S3 is MS-65, 1857 MS-66, 1858LL MS-66, 1858SL MS-66 and the 1858/7 is a very early die state MS65!

The Carnton Flying Eagle Collection

This set can be purchased for $300,000.

The Indian Cent collection will also be on display but is presently not being offered. Many coins came from the Epstein Collection.

The Carnton Indian Cent Collection

I hope to have images before FUN, but if that is not possible I will have images shortly after.

Brian and I hope you will stop by the Eagle Eye table at FUN #1029.

Stewart should bring his coins and we'll have a showdown!

Flying Eagle
1856 S3 MS65
1857 MS66
1858 LL MS66
1858 SL MS66
1858/7 S1 MS65

Indian Cents
1859 MS66
1860 T1 MS65
1860 T2 MS66
1861 MS66
1862 MS66
1863 MS66
1864 CN MS66
1864 NoL MS66RD
1864 L MS65RD
1865 Fy5 MS66RD
1866 MS66RD
1867 MS65RD
1868 MS65RD
1869 MS66RD
1870 MS65RD
1871 MS65RD
1872 MS65RD
1873 Cl3 MS66RD
1873 Op3 MS66RD
1874 MS66RD
1875 MS66RD
1876 MS66RD
1877 MS66RD
1878 MS65RD
1879 MS65RD
1880 MS67RD
1881 MS65RD
1882 MS66RD
1883 MS67RD
1884 MS66RD
1885 MS66RD
1886 T1 MS65RD
1886 T2 MS65RD
1887 MS66RD
1888 MS66RD
1889 MS65RD
1890 MS65RD
1891 MS66RD
1892 MS67RD
1893 MS66RD
1894 MS66RD
1895 MS67RD
1896 MS66RD
1897 MS66RD
1898 MS66RD
1899 MS66RD
1900 MS67RD
1901 MS67RD
1902 MS67RD
1903 MS66RD
1904 MS66RD
1905 MS66RD
1906 MS66RD
1907 MS66RD
1908 MS66RD
1908-S MS66RD
1909 MS66RD
1909-S MS65RD
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Wow Rick, I sure wish I could be there. I would love to see them. I also just received an e-mail from legends and they will have that
    1909 VDB PR68RB at their table. Sorry to miss all that.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man! I can never get to O-town the first week of January. And I'm FROM there! It's just with the kids in school and the holiday schedule... I can't tell you how many times I've left Orlando on the first day of FUN, and now I'm going to miss seeing the mother of all VDBs. Dang!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    a showdown is gonna be awesome. Someone should go there and give us a full report..........is Blays collection better or the Carntons!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

DON'T KNOW IF MY COLLECTION IS BETTER THAN THE CARNTON COLLECTION ?

Sure would like to KNOCK DOWN the "Castle Collection" ... Perhaps Rick can also bring that closet case collection

Stewart
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DON'T KNOW IF MY COLLECTION IS BETTER THAN THE CARNTON COLLECTION ?

Sure would like to KNOCK DOWN the "Castle Collection" ... Perhaps Rick can also bring that closet case collection

Stewart >>

I will bring the dueling pistolsimage
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait to see these coins, looks to be an amazing set!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    I vote for blue6vette to be the photographer and to let us choose which coins we like image

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hired blue6vette to fly out to Orlando early to photograph the collection. So, yes, we'll have excellent images posted before the show.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be FUN to view a collection like this up close and also seeing Todd's awesome pictures posted.
  • Options

<< <i>

Stewart >>

I will bring the dueling pistolsimage >>

Pistols seems WAY too subtle for Stewart. I'm thinking more along the lines of cannons or battleshipsimage
  • Options
    Need to check out these purdy coins..... image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stewart >>

Some day they will trun brown. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

TYPE 2 - My coins will not trun Brown in mine or your Lifetime !!

I will Guarantee it Dude

Stewart
  • Options
    Rick has picked up the collection,

Please stop by the EERC table #1029 to see some nice and original RED copper! Lots of "OGH" gems. A couple of POP 1/0 MS IHC's formerly from the Dr Alan Epstein collection were purchased by Carnton in early 1996.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    I have been going over these beautiful coins. What a treat! BlueccVette will be coming to my condo in Orlando to Photograph them. I'll post some as soon as possible.

Man it's cold here. It feels like it's going to snow tonight!
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been going over these beautiful coins. What a treat! BlueccVette will be coming to my condo in Orlando to Photograph them. I'll post some as soon as possible.

Man it's cold here. It feels like it's going to snow tonight! >>

We are in a winter snow warning here. 14"-20" expected. I am sure you will see much less.

Look forward to seeing the images when posted.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Photos by Blue62vette

1856 Snow-3 MS-65
    1857 MS-66
    1858 Large Letters MS-66
    1858 Small Letters MS-66
    1858/7 Snow-1 MS-65
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coins image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are at FUN stop by and see these. The coins themselves are great but just the chance to see that much Red is something even non copper collectors will appreciate.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    I'm dying to see what Stewart thought.......was he so impressed that he bowed down and called the Carnton collector the MASTER or was unimpressed imageimage j/k

Beautiful coins!!!

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a look at those pics before bed last night. Awesome! Obviously they got stuck in my head, as I woke up dreaming about coins again!
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love flying eagle cents and I REALLY wish I could afford those! image

JH
  • Options
    Update - there was a feeding frenzy when the set became available at FUN. Most of the collection sold. When it is all sold it will be over $1million.

The "red scare" that PCGS created did not materialize.

The images that Blue62vette took will be posted whwn I get them back from him in a few days.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm dying to see what Stewart thought.......was he so impressed that he bowed down and called the Carnton collector the MASTER or was unimpressed imageimage j/k

Beautiful coins!!! >>

All I can say is that alot of collectors whipped out their check books when we got the go ahead to sell both collections. Stewart was one of themimage
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm dying to see what Stewart thought.......was he so impressed that he bowed down and called the Carnton collector the MASTER or was unimpressed imageimage j/k

Beautiful coins!!! >>

All I can say is that alot of collectors whipped out their check books when we got the go ahead to sell both collections. Stewart was one of themimage >>

So that's why he had to sell Bruce his 1807 quarter.... image I hope Stewart was at the front of the line, he deserves first shot at copper as much as anyone.

Did both sets mean that the indian head cents also sold?
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    The set was initially offered as an exhibit only. The FE cents were for sale. During the course of the show, Brian was able to get the owner on a number to sell everything - that created the feeding frenzy. Before that it was sort of all a hypothetical offering - just an exhibit.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly beautiful photos of incredibly beautiful coins! image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    I saw Laura once during the show.....as she walked by and did not even stop to look. Hey, I'll look at any stellar collection - regardless of whether it is in my area or not.
  • Options
    Rick:
    You and Brian out did yourselves on assembling this outstanding collection. What a challenge it must have been. The quality on these coins is rarely seen, and whoever ends up with them should be really happy. Makes me wonder if Flying Eagles may be in the offing for me when I complete my MPL collection.
    Jonathan
  • Options

<< <i>Rick:
    You and Brian out did yourselves on assembling this outstanding collection. What a challenge it must have been. The quality on these coins is rarely seen, and whoever ends up with them should be really happy. Makes me wonder if Flying Eagles may be in the offing for me when I complete my MPL collection.
    Jonathan >>

Thanks Jonathan,

Original RD color MS Indian Head Cents are very tough to come by. These pristine gems still retain their RD color and most were graded in the 1990's!
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Red Copper!

Wow!...Thanks for posting the links and pics
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible looking coins...imageimage

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)