Home Precious Metals
Options

That missing Canadian mint gold has been found

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
According to audits by Deloitte and Touche, and third party reviews of the mint's operations by The Banks Group, the RCMP, Microsoft Services and IBI Group.

The findings revealed that the missing gold was due to three primary factors: an underestimate of physical gold on hand balance at the October 2008 count of slag by-products processed internally (5,400 ounces); underestimate of gold consumed in by-products processed externally (3,600 ounces) and an underestimate of gold in by-products consumed as part of the internal refining process (350 ounces).

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    And I thought Gecko had it!!image
    Connecting a Windows PC to the Internet is like dressing in hundred-dollar bills and taking a walk in a bad neighborhood.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Cover up.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought all along they'd find it except I thought it was in the garage.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered why the Stanley Cup suddenly doubled in weight......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>And I thought Gecko had it!!image >>

The RCM couldnt sustain 10 seconds worth of minting with my modest stash!image
  • Options

I heard that mint unintentionally sold off some gold as slag which was worth $3 million, to refineries in the US and also 1500 ounces of gold was found left over in processing machines..

Not sure how far it is true...