Home Metal Detecting
Options

I found a little teapot.

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's short and stout, and I dug it out of an old dump on my property. I need to dig in there more often. I can find no manufacturer info at all on it-- the bottom is rusted pretty badly.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, that's pretty cool!

Pewter?
  • Options
    I think it is pewter... not sure how old it is. The bottom must have been made of something else because it rusted like crazy.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting... no pictures? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Mmm, are ya seeing the one in the first message? My image server has been spotty lately.
  • Options
    what did ya get at that ghost town?
  • Options

<< <i>what did ya get at that ghost town? >>

A lot of negative comments! image

I actually didn't dig there, though I bruoght my detector along. I went mostly to take photos-- you can't tell from the video but there were about 7 of us there. After about 4 hours, someone came by on a motorcycle and told us to leave.
  • Options
    Have heard of pewter but have not seen till now, can you post some pics....