Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold is on sale. You buying?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but can you find anyone selling it for that.....?
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you can load up on all the ETF shares they can print for you. image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    nah. i am out of the game. my money is being used to pay down
    debt. after I am satisfied where I am at I will view the scenery and
    take stock of my options.

i think getting into gold and silver right now, physical, is a risky proposition
    at the moment short term. I am not saying ETFs are better but they do allow
    for better short term trading allowing a profit to happen a bit easier.

slow and steady accumulation should be a big discussion point if you want in.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, almost down $50. It had to happen at some point. I guess this signals the end of the financial and economic crisis.

(not)
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    LOL! Look at the dollar chart.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    As the price of gold goes higher, the swings will be bigger.

No need to worry unless you are playing with scared money.

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    I am buying some stock for my store since I sold out most of my inventory at the MSNS show.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    jms - got link to gold chart?
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    I wish but I'm poor so still too spendy for my blood. I wish silver would go down more though...
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish silver would go down more though... >>

Silver is going up up up! Well, eventually.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Not Yet.
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    I just picked up a few of these. Little 10 grams bars image

• Options
    thanks .... well .....

this is the largest drop I have seen --- is this a record? About 70 bucks in one day from 1226 to .. 11 fifties?

WOW

that's insane

• Options
    I'm not worried. I figure the drop of gold today and the strength of the dollar today is directly related to the situation in US, India, North Korea, Dubai and Europe. Yep, that about covers it.

US- same financial condition, false unemployment stats stated by government, runaway government spending, huge tax increases on the horizon
    India - large gold purchase several weeks ago - what do they see?
    North Korea - devaluation has them buying dollars today, why aren't they buying gold? Not available?
    Dubai - Another country broke and in trouble, therefore more banks in trouble.
    Europe - eastern countries are in deep do do.

I'm out of town this weekend, if I can get back to home before 4p.m. Saturday I'll be buying gold and silver at these prices. Or I'll have to wait until Monday. image

Would welcome comments.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    agree with the second post. The spot is down, but it's going to take more time and a bigger drop to get sellers to move.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had to happen. I would love to see the 900's or lower again but that may not happen for a very long time. I won't add "....if ever" because I know better.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just picked up a few of these. Little 10 grams bars image

image >>

Oh, yes .... "Lady Fortuna" ..... my favorite in Gold, Plat, Palladium and Silver Bar design .... any size within my budget image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a $5 Indian today... nice coin, though the price isn't closely related to spot.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "I just picked up a $5 Indian today."

What did you get?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    "SCARED MONEY". Listen, my money is so scared,

it is hiding and I haven't been able to find it for days.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, but can you find anyone selling it for that.....? >>

You are correct, I looked and not so much. They are still selling in the $1260 to $1305 range per ounce. Silver didn't drop either. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed I am buying, especially since Bing cashback is up to 15% (use "nintendo wii"). Today's net cost for two $5 commemoratives was $1,051 per ounce.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    No gold today but did buy more silver.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no
  • Options
    most ppl in the know ... know .....
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was offered some slabbed gold coins today. My choice was to continue to sit on excess cash for who knows how long or buy them.......I bought them. I also bought some GDXJ on the dip today.

You think the B&M shops that carry dozens or hundreds of 1 oz gold coins plus silver bars in stock are going to discount live inventory by 5% just because the Comex had a fire sale on paper contracts that are essentially settled with more paper?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Went to show today 1oz Maples asking $1,250 when gold was at $1,150. Found some silver Bars at $20oz no concern here of drop today.

It snowed so light traffic. Tomorrow should bring the people out. Houston, Tx. Money show.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"I just picked up a $5 Indian today."

What did you get? >>

1913, in AU. Nice piece. Replaces one I sold some years back.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)