Home Precious Metals

Want an ounce of gold $40 below spot?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
NEN has two of the $10 Olympic coins. One is an NGC PF69 UCAM, one is in original mint packaging.

Both are listed at $549.

Each contains .4837 oz of pure gold. Gold as I type is $1178.60. 1178.60 x .4837 = $570.08.

Merry Christmas image

NEN makes sold images go "POOF":
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Um, forgive my ignorance: what or who is NEN?

Thanks!
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right-mouse click on the image: properties

Teach a man to fish image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Wow...I did NOT know you could do that...I'm on a Mac, by the way, and it worked. Thank you very much...now, I have to talk the wife into allowing the purchase!!
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    nen? wouldn't that be nec?

<< <i>nen? wouldn't that be nec?

image >>

--Severian the Lame

• It's make an offer on those two also! Northeast is good to do business with!
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sportscard guy here, so sorry if this is a dumb question. Why would the graded version and the raw version be the same price? Maybe I'm just looking at it from a sportscard point of view. Thanks in advance for any iformation.

Nick
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Gold value rising to fast. Metal content higher than coin value.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    I will clear up my question a little. NEN is selling 2 1984 $10 Olympic coins for $549. One is graded NGC PF69UCAM, and one is raw. I do not know the coin grading scale, but I am guessing that NGC PF69UCAM is a high grade. Why is the raw coin the same price as the graded coin? Does the grade not matter, and only the gold content matters making the two specimens equal? If that is the answer, why spend the grading fees for this particular coin? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment i may receive.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    heh, ok ..... Did not see their logo -- just saw the website URL, when I right clicked on the photo which says:

http://www.northeastcoin.com/coinimages/16474503o.jpg

nothing about numismatics

eh, who cares, rly.

• << <i>I will clear up my question a little. NEN is selling 2 1984 $10 Olympic coins for $549. One is graded NGC PF69UCAM, and one is raw. I do not know the coin grading scale, but I am guessing that NGC PF69UCAM is a high grade. Why is the raw coin the same price as the graded coin? Does the grade not matter, and only the gold content matters making the two specimens equal? If that is the answer, why spend the grading fees for this particular coin? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment i may receive. >>

The grade on modern stuff like this is insignificant unless its a top pop deal. Its similar to PSA 10 graded cards from 2005. The PSA 10 may be slightly more expensive than the raw card.

• << <i>Does the grade not matter, and only the gold content matters making the two specimens equal? If that is the answer, why spend the grading fees for this particular coin? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment i may receive. >>

-------------------------------------------------------------

If the grade had been a perfect 70 then there would be a premium. Grading moderns is a crap shoot with coins coming in at 69 being no more valuable that raw (usually).

These coins are sold as gold bullion and with a good price tag I might add.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the head's up Weiss!image

I went ahead and bought both coins, so be prepared for a HUGE drop in gold prices at any momment.image
    Thanks to all for taking the time to answer.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will clear up my question a little. NEN is selling 2 1984 $10 Olympic coins for $549. One is graded NGC PF69UCAM, and one is raw. I do not know the coin grading scale, but I am guessing that NGC PF69UCAM is a high grade. Why is the raw coin the same price as the graded coin? Does the grade not matter, and only the gold content matters making the two specimens equal? If that is the answer, why spend the grading fees for this particular coin? >>

What a heretic!! Don't you know that if anything is blessed with a plastic tomb, it ALWAYS brings more money on the market?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

<< <i>Thanks for the head's up Weiss!image

I went ahead and bought both coins, so be prepared for a HUGE drop in gold prices at any momment.image >>

Awesome! An NGC PF69 UCAM is a respectable slab, and should make selling it a snap. Ditto for the original gov't packaging. Best of both worlds for that type of gold product. And a heck of a deal at any rate.
    --Severian the Lame
    Weiss,

Is this coin the same 1984 Olympic $10 coin that NEN had for sale? I hope so because I just bought it on eBay.

Nick
    Hold up: $1199 as I type x .4837 = $579.95. So not quite as nice of a deal. But be sure to post it when it arrives!
    --Severian the Lame

<< <i>Hold up: $1199 as I type x .4837 = $579.95. So not quite as nice of a deal. But be sure to post it when it arrives! >>

He had it listed for $625 or best offer, so I emailed him and asked what is the lowest he'd accept. When he told me he'd accept $585, I asked him to lower the BIN to that amount so I could use the 10% bing cashback on my purchase.

I got $58.50 instantly back from bing (10%), and $11.70 more in eBay bucks (2%), making the total I spent only $514.80. image
    Niiiiiiice. image
    --Severian the Lame

<< <i>...........But be sure to post it when it arrives! >>