Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hello

Good evening, just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Just getting back into the hobby seriously and joined up so I could start submitting my collection as time and money allows.

As a background, my first packs of cards I can remember opening were 1984 Topps Baseball. I owned a cardshop while in college with my best
friend growing up, 1991-1994 or so. Talk about wrong place wrong time, but hey, many a saturday were spent with locals watching
games and talking sports. High card pack gambling.... good times.

At any rate, I have read literally hundreds of posts over the last week and have so so much to catch up on.

Always looking for ticket stubs, stadium giveaways, Ernie Banks, Dr. J, Phil Simms and Dale Murphy (sHOF).

-Stadium Giveaways
-Ticket Stubs
-Magazines

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    welcome!

Patrick
  • Options

PoppaJ
  • Options

nice rounded collecting scope

cheers
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Welcome ... there is a lot of good info on this board.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, binary code man.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards, lots of good reading here, good people and fun to be had. Hope you are a regular. Too much work has kept me from being here as much as I would like, but I enjoy it when I have time.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Hi and Welcome to the boards !
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    10001110101 converted into decimal is 1141, which in unicode is ѵ, the izhitsa, a russian version of the greek letter upsilon, which in particle physics stands for a meson.

The upsilon particle is a flavorless meson formed from a bottom quark and its antiparticle. (it's balanced... Center piece of mind?) it has a lifetime of 1.21x10-20 seconds. (sanity only lasts for a brief moment)?

BTW - welcome
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

"10001110101 converted into decimal is 1141, which in unicode is ѵ, the izhitsa, a russian version of the greek letter upsilon, which in particle physics stands for a meson.

The upsilon particle is a flavorless meson formed from a bottom quark and its antiparticle. (it's balanced... Center piece of mind?) it has a lifetime of 1.21x10-20 seconds. (sanity only lasts for a brief moment)?"

-----

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    powers of 2, on or off...start from the right and read left...or just google it...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I think ddf is about as close as it comes, in my book. you all can just call me clutch (Ill have an avatar to match shortly).

Thanks for the welcome!
    -Stadium Giveaways
    -Ticket Stubs
    -Magazines
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Or we could take the easy explantation, which is to quote a song title by Clutch.

Welcome!

Rodney

<< <i>10001110101 converted into decimal is 1141, which in unicode is ѵ, the izhitsa, a russian version of the greek letter upsilon, which in particle physics stands for a meson.

The upsilon particle is a flavorless meson formed from a bottom quark and its antiparticle. (it's balanced... Center piece of mind?) it has a lifetime of 1.21x10-20 seconds. (sanity only lasts for a brief moment)?

BTW - welcome >>

• Options

• Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who believes that Dale Murphy should be in the HOF is ok in my book, welcome aboard and happy sailing, even though this is an internet message board and you really can't sail here because there is no water to sail on. It was a metaphor or something like that. What I really meant to say was just plain ole 'welcome', then I kinda digressed, which happens from time to time.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone who believes that Dale Murphy should be in the HOF is ok in my book, welcome aboard and happy sailing, even though this is an internet message board and you really can't sail here because there is no water to sail on. It was a metaphor or something like that. What I really meant to say was just plain ole 'welcome', then I kinda digressed, which happens from time to time. >>

However...although there is no water, one can successfully surf.

I just blew your mind.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard the good ship PSA. Im sure you will enjoy your cruise!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome. image
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    .....is it me you're looking for?

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>10001110101 converted into decimal is 1141, which in unicode is ѵ, the izhitsa, a russian version of the greek letter upsilon, which in particle physics stands for a meson.

BTW - welcome >>

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Flavorless mesons.....aaaaargrrgrgrhrhhrhrhrh
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"10001110101 converted into decimal is 1141, which in unicode is ѵ, the izhitsa, a russian version of the greek letter upsilon, which in particle physics stands for a meson.

The upsilon particle is a flavorless meson formed from a bottom quark and its antiparticle. (it's balanced... Center piece of mind?) it has a lifetime of 1.21x10-20 seconds. (sanity only lasts for a brief moment)?"

-----

~ >>

• Options
    Welcome to the board.

I also collect tickets and have extras of some MLB and NFL if you have any for trade. I have an extra Royals bobbing head from one of the games last year as well.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....is it me you're looking for?

image >>

image Post of the day. image
    That is borderline creepy.
  • Options
    Welcome.................

and a collector of ticket stubs, mags, etc as well.

I have boxes of those types of things and I'd love
    to find them a new home. Turn on your PM (private
    messages) option in your user profile or send me
    an e-mail and we can discuss further. Once again,
    welcome to the boards.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    10001110101 is also a name of an awesome Clutch song.

Song from new album that is very awesome.

50,000 Unstoppable Watts
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set