Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Deletion in Ron Santo Master Set ?

I noticed that the Ron Santo Master Set has recently been updated , and it appears to have deleted cards from the set , and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what cards were deleted ? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide !
Robbie
Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
1963 Fleer
Lou Brock Master Set

Comments

• Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I know that 1 of the cards was the 71 Topps Tattoos Panels with McCovey, the other was actually a comination of the 66 and 67 Bazooka handcut into one line as the cards are identical. The 3rd is a mystery to me.

Nathan
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    If any of you Santo guys need a psa 9 1975 topps Ron S., just PM me. It is a very reasonably priced card.

B
  • Options
    I just got an email and they added another card to the master set- 1968 OPC Posters. I still have not received an email about the 3rd removed card from the list though.
  • Options
    I just received an email from PSA and the 3rd card removed was the 68 topps stickers panel with santo/campaneris and downing.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received an email from PSA and the 3rd card removed was the 68 topps stickers panel with santo/campaneris and downing. >>

Odd. Why would they remove that? It's certainly not an arbitrary configuration of cards forming a panel, which has been the case with a large number of master set removals.
  • Options
    I have no idea why they removed either panel. They have not got back to me about why yet, but I will update the thread when I hear back from Cosetta.
  • Options
    Here is the response I just received from PSA

Under the new master set guidelines for panels/stickers/stamps, etc. these items do not qualify as a separate line item as they are not manufactured issued varieties, they are collector made.

Here is the data we have for the two issues;

Topps Action All-Star Stickers (1968)

1-line item

all single issues or panels e/o

Issued in 3-card panels with 7 players total

PSA has not graded complete panels

Topps Tattoos (1971, 1986)

1-line item

all single issues or panels e/o

Issued in sheets