Home Precious Metals
Options

Last ingot cast

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
First off I apologize for the crappy cell phone picture.

I went to the Fall Michigan show today. In a dealers case were some of the most unusual bars I've ever seen. Two of the bars were SF minters and the last was marked last ingot cast. They were marked not for sale and of course I went back and tried to buy them several times todayimage

He finally told me to beat it. I snapped this with my camera phone.

What is the bullet like shaped bar marked I V? It's smaller then the 3 ozer in the pictures.

I wasn't smart enough to ask any other questions . I will be going back to the show tomorrow.

FYI- Plenty of gold and silver being bought. However, with the scare of falling prices this morning most dealers would not buy/touch silver! Gold yes, silver no. I could have bought a TON of silver well under melt if I would have set up in the parking lot!

MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    That ingot cast is pretty cool looking. I wish the picture was a little better so I could see the detail. I wish cell phones had better camera's but I understand why they don't. I tried taking pictures of some diamond ear rings while shopping today and they came out just like your picture. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    He has had that bar for some time. The first time I saw it led me to do some research on those. They show up on ebay from time to time, usually for crazy prices, but they don't always sell.

Don't feel bad...he wouldn't sell it to me either!

• Options

<< <i>He has had that bar for some time. The first time I saw it led me to do some research on those. They show up on ebay from time to time, usually for crazy prices, but they don't always sell.

Don't feel bad...he wouldn't sell it to me either! >>

I was forced to buy some crazy type coins today. Those people had no problem selling me image
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    The SF Mint stuff costs a lot. Were you willing to pay 600+ for a 5 ozer? Or 1k+ for the larger ones? They go for quite a bit of money even though they aren't that rare. I've had my fair share of these offered to me but turned them down.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PS. I see a JMC 3 ozer and the IV bar is a generic old pour. I owned a 5 oz IV bar. The IV's don't sell for much.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    What is that I V bar? Thanks! MJ
  • Options
    read above.

• Options
    I also saw a 5 kilo copper bar for the first time. The thing looked amazing....

Any premiums on a Jackson Precious Metals 10 oz bar? Probably not as he had it for $195. Most of these bars are foreign to me.

MJ
  • Options
    no. The JP bar isn't that rare.

The stuff I had offered to you was rare, but you opted not to get them. your loss.

If you see certain bars, ebay them as a lot of times you can find out rarity, price, etc from ebay auctions.

• Options
    <<The stuff I had offered to you was rare, but you opted not to get them. your loss.>>

I'm sure you are correct and my loss. I had already bought a lot of bars from AgBlox because I thought they were cool looking for sure. I wanted to learn more about poured bars before I bought more.

<<If you see certain bars, ebay them as a lot of times you can find out rarity, price, etc from ebay auctions>>

I really hate EBAY and loathe going on their site . In the meantime I try to learn from you guys on bars....Thank you for all your advise. It's very much appreciated.....MJ