Home Sports Talk
Options

Could Ryan Leaf be replaced as #1 bust by...

goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

My very own JaMarcus Russell? What do you think?
I believe he will be not only the #1 bust,but also the richest #1 bust,die davis die
kidding of courseimage

J.R.
J.R.
Needs'
1972 Football-9's high#'s
1965 Football-8's
1958 Topps FB-7-8

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, it's still too early to tell. We've only seen poor work ethic and poor game play from Russell. He hasn't had a meltdown from the pressure yet (probably because he is too aloof to even care about the pressure). Needless to say, he is a strong candidate though...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    They were talking on the radio the other day about the BUCK$ he got ... was it really SIXTY FRIGGIN MILLION???
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. Leaf was touted as the next Marino coming out of college. That type of expectation was never put on Russell.

• Options

<< <i>I don't think so. Leaf was touted as the next Marino coming out of college. That type of expectation was never put on Russell. >>

Agreed. And although Peyton Manning did not lead UT to a national title there were plenty who felt Manning was an inferior QB to Leaf.
  • Options

<< <i>They were talking on the radio the other day about the BUCK$ he got ... was it really SIXTY FRIGGIN MILLION???[/

I believe $63 million.Just crazy money for a bum of a q.b.I also
    don't think being compared to someone else matters,if you suck
    you suck,bottom line.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Maybe not the worse but I would put him in the top five for quarterback busts.
  • Options
    i pity the fool that pays first round Qb's all that scratch. They just aint worth it.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say he is close to one of the biggest busts, the kid held out for more money than he was offered and did not bend until the Raiders payed him ridiculas money.

Granted the team around him is horrible but his accuracy is terrible, hopefully this will be a lesson to all Franchises to not cater to these punks that are not happy being filthy rich but want to be just freaking stupid rich without proving a damn thing.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hopefully this will be a lesson to all Franchises to not cater to these punks that are not happy being filthy rich but want to be just freaking stupid rich without proving a damn thing. >>

The one thing you can take from this is that most of these idiots are so stupid and so naive, that they'll blow the money and/or have it bilked from them and be staring at next to nothing by the time they realize how much they blew it. They end up out of football, without an education, without a career and an agent and hangers-on that have no more interest in caring for or being with them since the revenue stream has dried up.
  • Options
    Although not a QB, Tony Mandarich would make that top 5 as well.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think so. Leaf was touted as the next Marino coming out of college. That type of expectation was never put on Russell. >>

Highly touted is cheap. The $30 million difference in contracts is not. Edge: Russell
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe not the worse but I would put him in the top five for quarterback busts. >>

Would you add Todd Marinovich and Tim Couch to that as well?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Highly touted is cheap. The $30 million difference in contracts is not. Edge: Russell >>

The $30 million difference is because Al Davis is an idiot and inflation. Leaf was expected to be a hof type player. Russell was not.

Leaf is the bigger bust.
  • Options
    Reggie Bush
  • Options

<< <i>Reggie Bush >>

Not even in the converstion,middle of the pack,but far from bust.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>The $30 million difference is because Al Davis is an idiot and inflation >>

Every bust is because of idiocy on the part of management. By definition, the bigger the idiot, the bigger the bust

Inflation isn't 8%. . .
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Reggie Bush >>

Not even in the converstion,middle of the pack,but far from bust. >>

I would say not a bust at all. Bush is usually not going to put up the big numbers, but that has more to do with how he is used. Meaning, he is the FB....not the RB, but people tend to want him to be a top 5 RB. But he does (when healthy) make the field change around him. You have to treat him as a threat...unlike most FBs, who are just going to block. If a player does that, I don't really care if he gets the ball if I am the coach.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.