Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bounty Hunter Pinpointer for $9.99 at Cabella's.

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
By Grapthar's hammer, what a savings!

Link
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Any experience with how they work?
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the link. My 8 year old son and I started detecting a couple of weeks ago. I just ordered the Pinpointer and it will be one of his Christmas gifts.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holey moley.. $50 bucks off? I have never seen that model before...sure is a bargain price. I hope for those who buy it that the quality is good. Never saw a Garrett that would sense at two and half inches.. usually one half to one inch. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I've never used it, but I'll give a report after I get it. I stopped carrying the embarassingly named "Vibra-Probe" imageP
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Why did you stop carrying that probe? I had actually heard some good reports on that unit. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    The Vibra-probe was just too big--- It was like a nightstick!
  • Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered myself one. Never had a probe before, and at $10, it's certainly worth a try. Had to order it online as the local store didn't have them and had a hard time even looking them up. Did the "ship to store" thing to avoid paying shipping.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Just got mine in the mail today, its lightweight all plastic case and wand and takes one 9 volt battery, fits in the palm of your hand with wand extending past about 4 inches or so- definately better than the old vibraprobe was. Don't know when I will get a chance to field test it-snow in forcast for the weekend. Tried it in the house on some coins, it seems to pick up pennies and dimes maybe from about 3/4 of an inch or so away, tried a large cent and it was a good inch away- but you usually don't need any help finding those coming out of the ground! Not sure I like the on/off switch- when you turn it on it immediately rings out loudly until you adjust the sensitivity down really almost 3/4 of the way- nothing like shouting out to the world I found something. Might also cause it to use up the battery, will see. For $10 and I think it was 5.95 shipping it still looks to be a good deal and its says 5 year warranty. The instructions state a range of 3/4 to 1 inch on metal objects so that seems to match my home test results. Carrying this will be alot easier than the vibraprobe, it would look more like maybe a radio in your hand than a weapon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the review!
  • Options
    I do believe I will remain with my DX-1. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    If I didn't have a Pistol Probe, I might have given this a shot.

This video on Youtube was the one that sold me on a Pistol Probe.