Home Precious Metals
Options

Buy or Sell

I am a collector not a diehard investor . Should I be buying gold or selling it ? I know there is no real answer because crystal balls don't work . image What is the opinion of the forum ?

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm buying what you got to sell?

That's my opinionimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm buying what you got to sell?

That's my opinionimage >>

LMAO !!!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    AHAHHAHHAHA

GSA1 hustling all the time image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Should the political polls begin to suggest that the republicans have a chance to take control of one of the houses in 2010, I think we will begin to see the dollar regain strenth and gold decline. My belief is that the current "high" gold price is due, in part, to the fear a lot of conservatives have about the possibility of increased taxes and dollar devaluation. These people are scared of the current economic policies, and are looking for a way to preserve their wealth. In other words, they are buying a lot of gold as a hedge.
  • Options
    silver!
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Higher interest rates will make a stronger dollar. Gold likes high interest rates.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I've strained my brain on this very question. I'm going to take the profit. I'll hold eneough, just in case I need to barter for a cow, food, etc.

When/if it dips I'll buy. My faith in our currency/economy wanes with each passing moment. JMO, but I beleive nothing goes up forever. Take care. jws
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should the political polls begin to suggest that the republicans have a chance to take control of one of the houses in 2010, I think we will begin to see the dollar regain strenth and gold decline. My belief is that the current "high" gold price is due, in part, to the fear a lot of conservatives have about the possibility of increased taxes and dollar devaluation. These people are scared of the current economic policies, and are looking for a way to preserve their wealth. In other words, they are buying a lot of gold as a hedge. >>

I actually think exactly the opposite. The Dem's and this administration will continue to sacrafice the dollar in favor of a higher stock market and a feel good public perception. Interest rates will not go up in the next 18-24 months. The last thing the dems need in 2010 is a deep pullback in the stockmarket and the voters 401k's.

<<Higher interest rates will make a stronger dollar. Gold likes high interest rates>>

I would not bet on gold loving higher interest rates this time around. JMO.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned this lesson many times... if the value, of an asset class you hold, goes asymtotic ([sp?]), take some profits on the way up.

Not all, but not none either. you all know what they say about Bulls, Bears, and Pigs.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry