Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone know this tidbit about Pujols?

HE HAS A SIZE 7 1/4 head!!!

thats right 7 1/4, same size hat he wore in HS....

anyone know how small 7 1/4 is? is doesnt fit on my head!

that is one SMALL NOGGIN.......

first thing that happens with ROIDS AND growth hormone---your head size grows......

Just some more FACTS about how Pujols is not on PEDs....

PS......CONGRATS ON MVP #3 (only player ever to finish in top 10 in all years he was eligible)--SIMPLY AMAZING

Comments

• Options
    aren't you usually more concerned with his loins?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    No comment.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>aren't you usually more concerned with his loins? >>

I thought that's what he was talking about, actually.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< first thing that happens with ROIDS AND growth hormone---your head size grows...... >>>

maybe a few years ago his head size was actually only 5 1/4"?
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. It looks like you've just PROVEN that Pujols has been on 'roids since he left junior high school. Shame on Albert.
    Brett
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    He failed to mention that was his head size in Jr High School
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Me doth think you protest too much.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    He only proved that he is on the juice, not that Pujols isn't. image
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I know you have threatened me , to never post on your threads but.......... .

First off , congrats on the 3rd MVP. He had a good year .

Most of us here are not to much into idol worship , such as an itelligent person such as you. What I would like to know is , is there any other information about your "MAN" that could help us infidels to see and understand and most of all , appreciate his awesomeness .

I realize , my lack of awesomeness appreciation , is really a defect on my part , most likely as a result of eating too much Cap-N-Crunch or CoCo-puffs , as a youngster. I realize that my dietary issues as a child has damaged my thinking . I'm truely sorry.

Congrats again, for Sir Albert's 3rd MVP.----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

PS......CONGRATS ON MVP #3 (only player ever to finish in top 10 in all years he was eligible)--SIMPLY AMAZING

While that is worthy one should remember that he is still playing and that perhaps in his twilight he won't be in the top 10.

Joe DiMaggio did it his first 8 or 9 years too if I recall. But failed in his last few seasons.

IMO Pujols will be in the top 10 for the next 5 years at the least.

I wonder how Ted Williams fared?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>I wonder how Ted Williams fared? >>

Not so well, it looks like. He was 14th in the voting in his 2nd year, 21st, in his 9th year, and 13th in his 10th year. During those first 10 years he did get 2 MVPs, and finished 2nd 3 times, 3rd once, and 4th once.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally wouldn't put Pujols up there with Joe D. or Ted W. or Mickey M. or.......................................
  • Options
    HGH doesn't make your head size increase.
  • Options

<< <i>HE HAS A SIZE 7 1/4 head!!!

>>

I take offense to this!!! I wear a 7 1/4, and that's with all my hair under it while Pujols is a cue ball!

Although, looking at the comparisons.....

Pujols: 6'3" 210 lbs.

GOOT: 5'11" 160 lbs

image considering the fact that we wear the same size hat, while he has 4 inches and 50 pounds on me, he must be on SOMETHING to get his body that big if his head is the same size as mine (with my hair advantage image )! We all know there's a direct correlation between how big someone's head is and how big their body SHOULD be.....

• Options
    HGH doesn't make your head size increase.

LSU- You are just a hatter. Fandango has already proved Pujols is the greatest human being of all time and if you are not sure just ask STMM. Because he has hung out with Pujols at charity events and he knows Pujols is for sure the greatest human being that has ever walked (on water and) the face of this fine earth. You hatter! image
  • Options
    Von I just looked at Williams and he did it 7 of his first 8 years in the league.

overall 13 times he was in the top 10.

Most were in the top 4.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Plus pne must remember he lost at least 5 years to the military.

Another I'd be interested in seeing how he fared was Musial.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    This is a little off topic, but when I was looking for some of the answers to questions you guys posed (sorry, didn't find them) I came across an article on an authors "ten worst MVP voting results in history". Here is his #1 ... based upon his listed stats ... wow ... hard to believe the outcome:

1. Mickey Cochrane—1934—Detroit Tigers—C

Mickey Cochrane of the Detroit Tigers won the MVP award in the American League in 1934 with a .320 batting average.

He also powered two homers and knocked in 76. He had 140 hits and scored 70 runs.

He didn’t lead the league in anything.

Because the Yankees came in second that year, one of the biggest robberies in MLB history took place.

Lou Gehrig won the Triple Crown with an average of .363, while hitting 44 HR and driving in 165. Lou also led the league in OBP, slugging percentage, and total bases.

What a ripoff. That is your winner, folks.

My Pick: Lou Gehrig.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I can think of one just as bad the time Joe Gordon beat out Williams.

Williams won the triple crown...............

Another time a triple crown winner did not get the MVP was when Foxx won it for the 2nd time. ( the triple crown)

That's 3 times a triple crown winner did not win MVP, the old rules were something about no repeat winners but that was not the case in the 30's

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Steve, I think Williams got hosed out of the MVP in '41 when he was the last guy to hit over .400 too.

Congrats to Pujols on a third MVP.
  • Options
    I agree to both of the above.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Someone should go figure out how Ruth didn't win more than a single MVP.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Probably because the award didn't exist until after his peak years. He did win some kind of best-in-league award during the '20s, but only once because of its arcane rules, such as the non-repeat clause someone else mentioned.

As for not winning during Triple Crown years, I'll play devil's advocate and suggest that we're looking at historical votes through a modern prism. While it's possible that we'll never see another AVG-HR-RBI champ, it was not uncommon in the '20s and '30s and might not have meant much to voters of the era. Similarly, it's not necessarily the case that Gehrig was robbed in '34. While the award has generally come to mean Player With the Gaudiest Offensive Numbers, past voting might have been driven by other factors that aren't as easily measured. I've always loved the statistical dimension of the game, but once you reduce it to mere numbers, you lose the essence of baseball.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Probably because the award didn't exist until after his peak years. He did win some kind of best-in-league award during the '20s, but only once because of its arcane rules, such as the non-repeat clause someone else mentioned.

As for not winning during Triple Crown years, I'll play devil's advocate and suggest that we're looking at historical votes through a modern prism. While it's possible that we'll never see another AVG-HR-RBI champ, it was not uncommon in the '20s and '30s and might not have meant much to voters of the era. Similarly, it's not necessarily the case that Gehrig was robbed in '34. While the award has generally come to mean Player With the Gaudiest Offensive Numbers, past voting might have been driven by other factors that aren't as easily measured. I've always loved the statistical dimension of the game, but once you reduce it to mere numbers, you lose the essence of baseball. >>

Very well put.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Steve, I think Williams got hosed out of the MVP in '41 when he was the last guy to hit over .400 too.

Congrats to Pujols on a third MVP. >>

Williams lost to Dimaggio and his 56 game hit streak. wasn't that the year that a writer or two left Williams off their ballot entirely?
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I still contend that Brett should have won it in 1985.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    A hat size of 7 1/2 - 7 3/4 is considered large for an adult male and well above the American average.
  • Options
    WOW, an oldie but a goodie here. Thanks for resurrecting this beauty! Classic on so many levels!
  • Options

<< <i>A hat size of 7 1/2 - 7 3/4 is considered large for an adult male and well above the American average. >>

hah ha

keep telling yourself that mr 5 incher HA
  • Options

<< <i>HE HAS A SIZE 7 1/4 head!!!

first thing that happens with ROIDS AND growth hormone---your head size grows......

Just some more FACTS about how Pujols is not on PEDs....
    >>

That is because he started taking roids in high school, and he was two years older than his classmates in high school.

Here is an excerpt from The Hardball Times....

"I haven’t seen pictures or video of Pujols in high school, but he was generating enormous amounts of power from that flawed swing and dominating his peers. Considering that, it’s not so much of a surprise that he was able to clear the minors in a single season and emerge as an MVP candidate in his rookie year.

I’ll close by quoting comments from the Examiner’s Bill Althaus at the start of the 2001 season that confirm Pujols was a local legend before he even got to St. Louis:

The first time I saw Albert Pujols, I thought to myself, ‘What’s that man doing out there with those kids?’ . . . He had a Mark McGwire body, and he was a junior in high school. When he hit the ball, it made a sound that high school players aren’t supposed to make.

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    Thank you for bringing this thread back to life. I've been working too many hours lately ( that's a good thing for those too lazy to work at all ) and find myself very tired. My wife and kids say I've been a grouch , of late.

I needed a little laughter to lift my spirits. And to think that there were those that saw little value to this beatin over and over thread idea.

Fandango , you are the man ( not Pujols of course ).----- Sonny

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    lebron james obliterated the high school kids he competed against and looked like a giant beast compared to them, but no one seems to think there was anything suspicious going on there.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Lebron wasn't born south of the border where ages are commonly lied about.
  • Options

<< <i>Lebron wasn't born south of the border where ages are commonly lied about. >>

How much does undetectable, experimental HGH cost? Is it cheap?

• Options
    Why would Pujols need expensive state of the art undectable PED's in 1998 when there was NOBODY even testing him for them? If there is no detection device, why would an undectable drug be needed?

Amateurs do plenty of PED's.

WHen a testing policy was implented, it was a joke, and expensive state of the art PED's were still not needed. Only recently did they get a little tougher, but it is still quite easy to get past their limited testing powers.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Fandango replying to a statement from 5 months ago, to a guy no longer here?
  • Options

<< <i>Why would Pujols need expensive state of the art undectable PED's in 1998 when there was NOBODY even testing him for them? If there is no detection device, why would an undectable drug be needed?

Amateurs do plenty of PED's.

WHen a testing policy was implented, it was a joke, and expensive state of the art PED's were still not needed. Only recently did they get a little tougher, but it is still quite easy to get past their limited testing powers. >>

Ok, how much does ANY PED that would turn a kid into a baseball megastar cost?

• Options
    A man amongst boys? You're only talking a few years if the age "lie" is true. Genetics plays a huge role in this, don't fault him for it. My son is in 3rd grade, He weighs in at 140 lbs and wears a size 10 in mens.He plays football and wrestles. At his age that's equivalent to a 6'7 285 lineman. He's already being recruited by the two local high school football programs. Is he on HGH or steroids? Don't think so.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fandango replying to a statement from 5 months ago, to a guy no longer here? >>

Maybe his internet connection is really slow.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fandango replying to a statement from 5 months ago, to a guy no longer here? >>

At least he won the argumaent.
  • Options

<< <i>A man amongst boys? You're only talking a few years if the age "lie" is true. Genetics plays a huge role in this, don't fault him for it. My son is in 3rd grade, He weighs in at 140 lbs and wears a size 10 in mens.He plays football and wrestles. At his age that's equivalent to a 6'7 285 lineman. He's already being recruited by the two local high school football programs. Is he on HGH or steroids? Don't think so. >>

Is your son from south fo the border where a lie about an age is very common for baseball players?

Is your son a member of a 'fraternity' where the culture is widespread PED use?

Roids are obtainable enough for guys like Pujols to obtain them and do them while an amateur, because they DO do them. Digicat I don't really count an 18 or 19 year old as a "kid". You act as if he started them when he was eight.

Also, he may have been 20 or 21 as a senior in HS.

You guys can buy into Pujols, and trust all this faith stuff that comes out of his mouth. There are people of 'faith' that do a lot worse things than taking roids, so throw that cover out the window.

If he really were truly out to prove he is one of the very few innocents in the sport, and really is on a crusade...then he should have himself subjected to the most stringent state of the art testing, and have it done regularly. He has said he would be open to it...but he hasn't done it....

Albert, were still waiting...

• Options
    How much baseball did Pujols engage in prior to moving to the US and playing HS ball?

<< <i>If he really were truly out to prove he is one of the very few innocents in the sport, and really is on a crusade...then he should have himself subjected to the most stringent state of the art testing, and have it done regularly. He has said he would be open to it...but he hasn't done it... >>

Albert also has not done anything to disprove the idea that he's an advanced robot from the future or a space alien.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If he really were truly out to prove he is one of the very few innocents in the sport, and really is on a crusade...then he should have himself subjected to the most stringent state of the art testing, and have it done regularly. He has said he would be open to it...but he hasn't done it.... >>

That's because the union won't allow him too, for some odd reason.

I wonder why...

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>How much baseball did Pujols engage in prior to moving to the US and playing HS ball?

<< <i>If he really were truly out to prove he is one of the very few innocents in the sport, and really is on a crusade...then he should have himself subjected to the most stringent state of the art testing, and have it done regularly. He has said he would be open to it...but he hasn't done it... >>

Albert also has not done anything to disprove the idea that he's an advanced robot from the future or a space alien. >>

I didn't realize that space aliens were a rampant problem in baseball, causing all sorts of problems, and possibly causing them to lose their antitrust exemption. Try another analogy that makes more sense.

Albert himself put forth the idea to undergo testing as part of his 'crusade'...yet he hasn't actually done it. It is kind of like the wimpy dude wanting to fight somebody, but asking his buddies to hold him back so he doesn't have to go through with it.

• Options
    If I were trying to get the biggest contract in baseball history, and I wanted to be regarded as the best of all time (which apparently Albert is striving towards) and there were people making comments about me cheating, you'd better believe I'd want to be tested!!! I'd get tested live on Sportscenter and have them do the lab results right there on the air. Then I'd go on the Today Show and do it again. I'd go out of my way to show every single doubter that I am the cleanest athlete in the world. then I would tell every single person that ever doubted my integrity to stick it. But, alas, this will never happen... I wonder why.... Hmmmm.... something to hide? C'mon Albert!!! I WANT to pull for you. I WANT you to become the home run king and get Bonds and possibly ARoid off of their pedastals. But, you've gotta show me. I can't get behind you if you won't go get publicly tested in good faith. Until then, I will not pull for you. I will just have my doubts.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>If I were trying to get the biggest contract in baseball history, and I wanted to be regarded as the best of all time (which apparently Albert is striving towards) and there were people making comments about me cheating, you'd better believe I'd want to be tested!!! I'd get tested live on Sportscenter and have them do the lab results right there on the air. Then I'd go on the Today Show and do it again. I'd go out of my way to show every single doubter that I am the cleanest athlete in the world. then I would tell every single person that ever doubted my integrity to stick it. But, alas, this will never happen... I wonder why.... Hmmmm.... something to hide? C'mon Albert!!! I WANT to pull for you. I WANT you to become the home run king and get Bonds and possibly ARoid off of their pedastals. But, you've gotta show me. I can't get behind you if you won't go get publicly tested in good faith. Until then, I will not pull for you. I will just have my doubts. >>

Having your doubts is one thing- I, too, have my doubts, as I think most of us do. But anyone who's declaring Pujols a cheater without better evidence than what's available now-- and many have-- is, frankly, behaving irresponsibly.
  • Options

<< <i>Try another analogy that makes more sense. >>

Where's the fun in that?

• Options
    Boo, when that dude graces the cover of SI and wants everyone to believe in him, acting like he is some sort of messiah, and says he is willing to undergo testing...yet hasn't done so...who is the one behaving irresponsibly?? He knows he has a cover in that the union won't allow him to do that, so he knows he can say all he wants about that, without fear of ever having to do it. But he COULD do it if he really wanted to! If he isnt going to, then why say it???? Hmm...

What on earth has the culture of MLB done to warrant ANYONE trusting anything they say??

They have made their bed, now the burden of proof is on THEM, NOT US!

Boo, the entire MLB culture has acted irresponsibly, not me, not you...not any person that has questioned their integrity!

Here is a quote from the SI article...

"So he continues: "But it's like I always say, 'Come and test me. Come and do whatever you want.' Because you know what? There is something more important to me—my relationship with Jesus Christ and caring about others. More than this baseball. This baseball is nothing to me."

Really Albert? This baseball is nothing to you? Only your relationship with Jesus Christ is something?? Then why the hardline to get as much money as you can with this contract??? Why the contract deadline? Why are you saying your contract demands are about respect if baseball is nothing to you, and only Jesus is??? Probably because you are using your faith as a deflection??

Why haven't you done that "testing" to show you are clean??

Why are you using your faith as the main reason you wouldnt do steroids? THat cover doesn't work! Usually when I hear stuff like that, it is a smoke screen. Your cover should be the "testing" that you proposed. Where is it?? The baseball world is asking for the"whatever you want." Come show us.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Boo, when that dude graces the cover of SI and wants everyone to believe in him, acting like he is some sort of messiah, and says he is willing to undergo testing...yet hasn't done so...who is the one behaving irresponsibly?? He knows he has a cover in that the union won't allow him to do that, so he knows he can say all he wants about that, without fear of ever having to do it. But he COULD do it if he really wanted to! If he isnt going to, then why say it???? Hmm...

What on earth has the culture of MLB done to warrant ANYONE trusting anything they say??

They have made their bed, now the burden of proof is on THEM, NOT US!

Boo, the entire MLB culture has acted irresponsibly, not me, not you...not any person that has questioned their integrity!

Here is a quote from the SI article...

"So he continues: "But it's like I always say, 'Come and test me. Come and do whatever you want.' Because you know what? There is something more important to me—my relationship with Jesus Christ and caring about others. More than this baseball. This baseball is nothing to me."

Really Albert? This baseball is nothing to you? Only your relationship with Jesus Christ is something?? Then why the hardline to get as much money as you can with this contract??? Why the contract deadline? Why are you saying your contract demands are about respect if baseball is nothing to you, and only Jesus is??? Probably because you are using your faith as a deflection??

Why haven't you done that "testing" to show you are clean??

Why are you using your faith as the main reason you wouldnt do steroids? THat cover doesn't work! Usually when I hear stuff like that, it is a smoke screen. Your cover should be the "testing" that you proposed. Where is it?? The baseball world is asking for the"whatever you want." Come show us. >>

Sorry, but no- you don't get away with this. You have, since the day you began participating on these forums, advocated a dispassionate and objective approach to evaluating baseball players. This is an approach I agree with- In fact, I can say that I have never, in all your posts, disagreed with anything you've had to say re: the performance of one player vs. another. Gwynn was inferior to Raines? I'm with you. Jim Rice may be the most overrated player in MLB history? Again, I agree.

But the price you pay for this approach is that you MUST have concrete, irrefutable evidence to support your claims. THIS is what makes the sabrmetric approach superior to all the 'I watched him play, he was the best' nonsense that pollutes these boards. And in the case of Pujols you do not have any such evidence. You have suspicions-- indeed, I would argue you have legitimate suspicions-- but they are suspicions just the same, and until more evidence is unearthed the argument that 'Pujols is a juicer' has no more validity than the argument that "Ryan Howard deserves the MVP'. These arguments should not be decided on the merits of anecdotal evidence, or baseless appeals to 'common sense'.

• Options
    Boo,

I don't have concrete evidence, and I can't say for certain. However, those questions I addressed to Albert need to be answered when he puts himself out there like that, and says stuff like he did.

Albert is not being consistent in what he says. He contradicted himself above with those quotes, and his actions. He also threw out the challenge of "whatever you want" in regard to testing. We are still waiting.

Here is another excerpt from that SI article...

"He met his wife, Dee Dee, when he was just 18 years old. She thought he was 21—they met in a Kansas City dance club that was for people 21 and older. On their first date he admitted being only 18. She said that she had a baby daughter, Isabella, who had been born with Down syndrome. He was in high school, still a ways from the majors. They fell in love fast."

Albert, how did you get into a club for people over 21, when you were only 18?? Were you really 21, or did you lie and say you were 21?

Albert, why are you saying that baseball means nothing to you, and only Jesus?

Is holding out for 25 million, instead of taking 18...when the average salary of the US citizen is $35,000, in line with Jesus principles, that you say is the only thing that matters to you?

Or does baseball respect truly matter(which is what you are saying now during this contract time), and is more than just Jesus as you say... thus leaving open a motive for steroid use(the Bonds motive) that it seems you are trying to avoid by saying, "baseball means nothing. Only Jesus means something"?

So now in Albert's messiah article, there are two instances showing that he is a liar.

Albert is on the cover of SI saying to have faith in him, yet he has two instances of being a liar in that same article??? WTF.

• Options

<< <i>Albert, how did you get into a club for people over 21, when you were only 18?? Were you really 21, or did you lie and say you were 21? >>

Is it possible that an 18 year old can grow up? Or, does one's behavior at the age of 18 define who they'll be for the rest of their life?