Home Metal Detecting
Options

30 minute hunt today

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't get out much, but I hit a park today for 30 minutes with the Tesoro Sidewinder.

Set disc. up to 7.5 or 8 since I didn't have much time. 31 good targets in 30 minutes, plus maybe 10 trash targets. And that's with a battery that was almost dead image

The wheat is a 58-D.

This park has turned up a couple seated dimes, a barber half, and several modern silver coins and rings. But it's super, super trashy.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty good for a 30 minutes.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    yes, very impressive for any hunt, let alone a half hour one!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I feel kinda lame hunting with disc set that high. And I KNOW there is gold in this park--probably a lot. It's a park that was a horse racetrack in the late 1800s and now lies between several rows of frat houses.

But that's the reason it's so trashy. Literally decades of pop tops and beer cans. Still, I've probably pulled $250 in clad, a dozen pieces of silver, and my sole large cent out of it.

Nothing I took from her today was more than 4" deep. And most of the quarters I got with a quick jabbing probe at 1 or 2 inches.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Heck, it takes me 30 minutes just to get ready.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is amazing for 30 minutes... I cannot imagine a full day's hunt there... wow.... HH RickO
  • Options
    Back to the same park again today for another 1/2 hour. Same machine, same settings, but a new battery. Very first target was a great big silver ring image Woohoo!

Kept the same pattern of fast pinpoint and retrieval. Ended up with 10 quarters, a dozen dimes, a dozen or so cents, and a gaming token.

And the ring? The first target that took the pressure off and let me just swing and enjoy?

COPPER PLATED image

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I have a ring I found very much like the first silver ring. I'm not sure but It might be a lifeguard ring.
  • Options
    30min of hunt....

I wouldn't spend so much time in the entire week too...

Keep going.......