Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1976 Topps Football Group Rip ***Post Some Scans!! **

Comments

• Options
    What can I say, I don't trust cellos from any source, even the most trusted. Hey Nam--Can you send me a copy of that book image
  • Options

<< <i>So you have to agree with everyone to be likeable over here, eh? >>

No, Pete, but most people are willing to know their role here. You've been a member for 15 minutes (under this ID) and you've already got a number of well-respected veterans of the board (and hobby, which you seem to be a rookie in) trying to help you stop looking like a donkey, yet you keep clicking on Reply.
  • Options

<< <i>Go away banned alt. >>

You think?

• Options

<< <i>What can I say, I don't trust cellos from any source, even the most trusted. >>

You don't say?! Nobody had gathered that from your earlier messages. PM me your address and I'll send you an 87 Bonds. Maybe that's the first step toward healing.
  • Options
    ok, i'm done for the night.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always entertaining to watch a "new" member make a fool out of himself...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

You think?

image >>

I think it's interesting that they are both from the same area of PA, they both have/had a polarizing start here on the boards, and he mentions mintacular specifically by name. Hmmmm.... image
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You think?

image >>

I think it's interesting that they are both from the same area of PA, they both have/had a polarizing start here on the boards, and he mentions mintacular specifically by name. Hmmmm.... image >>

Good points, you guys could be on to something.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You think?

image >>

I think it's interesting that they are both from the same area of PA, they both have/had a polarizing start here on the boards, and he mentions mintacular specifically by name. Hmmmm.... image >>

Good points, you guys could be on to something. >>

• Options
    Tough crowd over here. All because I questioned cello packs? As for the mintacular seller, I just brought him up b/c I remember all the high school drama around him when I used to read things around here. Oh well, good night folks.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You keep saying good night but then keep posting. Come to think of it, you sound like maybe you may be Mintacular himself, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Put me down for one pack, though Cellos in general end up dulling a few corners making even scoring a 9 a tough proposition.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    I was on the fence on this rip, but you convinced me Sidney. Put me down for a pack.
  • Options
    Dr.J scores a A+ for pragmatism...those mid to late '70 cellos are tough on the corners....
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Put me down for one pack, though Cellos in general end up dulling a few corners making even scoring a 9 a tough proposition. >>

As the one who pull the Payton earlier this year, I can say 9's are possible. That pack yielded 5 of them, including the Payton, a Simpson, and 3 commons. All from a pack that looked like it was going to be horrible!

I'll have to set this one out however, just spent my budget at the Rosemont show. I didn't see BBCE there however, so no rips from the show, just plenty of raw Browns and some upgrades to a few sets.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    What caught my attention was Steves description:

Packs are beautiful and MINT!

I wonder if they were sent in to be graded if they would indeed be PSA 9's?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    By the way, I will start the "Official Sign-Up" after I confirm price and availability with BBCE on Monday.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Evening,
    Lets see, I have this really good remembrance of a group rip, from two,years ago. Went into a group rip of several Top Dollar Football PACKS from 78/ 79. 84, AND 86 Wax and oh Yeah, 89 Score, I think I bought three of each, spent some pretty good money. Started with the 78's, first pack...7 commons OC...Second pack, opened, Tony Dorsett top card, a beauty with lots of WaxGum stain on front, five cards in second T Dorsett beauty.
    Cleaned up both cards with the Wifes Pantyhose, sent to PSA, both came back as MINT 9's. Sold both over the next few weeks for almost $400 for both.
    so anyway keep in mind the outcome of Cello over good ole Wax.

Oh and by the way I would be in for something and Steve will give us at least %10 discount plus set shipping costs.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I attempted to call BBCE and know one answers. I will try again on Monday morning to confirm that they still have the box and to see if they would be willing to offer any sort of a discount >>

Do you sit at your job and answer phones on Saturdays?image

20 to 1 they are at the Rosemont show today. >>

They may not sit around and answer the phone on Saturdays, but Steve will email you on Sunday Mornings. image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Put me down for a second pack as a Christmas present to myself -

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I'd like 2 cellos

thanks!
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Count me in for 1 pack. Thanks for organizing!!

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm losing my group rip cherry on this one. Sign me up for one pack and be gentle.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Do a search for group rips and you will see that there have been quite a few over the years. The biggest one I remember was when a case of 1975 Topps Minis was purchased from BBCE for something like $25,000 a few years ago. >>

I was part of that '75 Mini break. I only opened one pack and have 5 left unopened -- with "Robin Yount" showing through the back wrapper of one pack!

<< <i>...Steve Hart is THE authority when it comes to unopened authentication. If PSA trusts him then I think that says a little something. ... I've bought several 70's VENDING boxes (which would be the easiest to search, imo) and have gotten 2-3 key rookies and tons of gem mint stars out of every single one of them. All of the wax I've bought from his has been good too. Not to mention that if some of his vintage stuff has slight gum or water damage that he has, in the past, taken it back. >>

I don't collect much football, but I'd love to own a Walter Payton RC, so sign me up for one pack. Will Steve be doing the shipping from his location? That's what happened with the '75 Minis.

Hope you get a full complement of pack rippers soon!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I'll pass
    But LMK when you want to do some real group-ripping:
    $5 whaddya say
  • Options
    Will Steve be doing the shipping from his location? That's what happened with the '75 Minis.

Yes, as soon as we sell out you should male payment arranges with BBCE and they will ship directly to you.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I will take a pack.
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    I'll take another one for a total of two. Thanks, Tony

mcolney1
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options

<< <i>Will Steve be doing the shipping from his location? That's what happened with the '75 Minis.

Yes, as soon as we sell out you should male payment arranges with BBCE and they will ship directly to you. >>

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I never bought cards in the '70s so I'm anxious to check this pack out. I always loved watching Walter run -- maybe not so much against the Vikings! It'll be nice owning his RC! image
  • Options
    1 more pack left!!

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the last pack.
  • Options
    All SOLD OUT! Olease call BBCE at: 1-800-598-8656 to pay for your pack(s). I think he will accept Paypal, but I do not have that info. If you call his 800 number I am sure he will oblige.

Thank you to everyone who participated, Now lets rip some packs!

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    For paypal Steve's e-mail is:

BBCExchange@sprintmail.com

Just mention the CU group rip and Username and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    All paid...

Justin, you have sent $76.88 USD to Steve.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient
  • Options
    Evening,
    Just paid Steve's Paypal...Anybody new here if you do that, make sure you put your address and Your CU Board name in the notes of the payment. That is a must!!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I just paid Steve for my two packs. This is my first group rip.....thanks for the heads up to let him know it was for the group rip and to put my username in the notes. Now lets get ready to pull a Payton rookie.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Paid image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    And I'm paid up for my one pack:

From my payment email from PayPal:

"Hello Mike B...,

Your payment for $76.88 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent."

Can't wait to receive this baby! I may not open it if Walter is showing. Sorry...
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Your payment for $76.88 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

Looking forward to this, it seems like we haven't had a group rip in a while.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid.......

Your payment for $76.88 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

Thanks for putting the rip together.
  • Options
    just signed in and paid for 2
    Thanks for the rip
    Ken
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Your payment for $153.76 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

Thanks for arranging!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    paid, thanks for setting this up!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    To quote Eric B. I am PAID IN FULL!

Thanks for organizing.
  • Options
    Good luck guys. Lets see some pics once you get them in.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Paying tomorrow as I need a total for some extra goodies

• Options
    if anyone drops out, I would love a pack!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    good luck to all.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the rip guys!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for a Larry McCarren and Johnnie Gray of the Packers. Heck, I will take any decent looking Packer card.

Troy