Home Precious Metals
Options

Panada collectors help- 1 Kilo coin 1998 proof

I have a chance to buy a 1 kilo, 1998 NGC graded proof 67 panda coin for $1200, but I think I have some room in the price, what are your thoughts on this as it obviously carrries a numismatic premium? If I buy it is there any room for me to move it?

Thanks,

J

P.S. I ma pretty sure it is a 1998, but I have not seen it their is a reputable broker and just wants to get rid of it. I thought he said i was the first year of these?

Comments

• Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I have no idea but I would love to see a slabbed Kilo coin. I had no idea they slabbed those.
  • Options
    here ya go

panda
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    Seems to much to me. Don't care one way or the other about the slab or grade, if they are in original plastic ,67 is low grade for modern proofs. 2000 mintage NCLT, with a high melt value ($600) not much collector demand. Double + melt is too much.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    They're all sold out and ungraded. 200 Mintage for 1998? Wow.

NVMD. That is the Denom image
  • Options

Double spot price seems too high. That's just me though.

If you like Panda's, offer'em $900.

---------------------------------

A 2009 1 kilo Panda proof is available for $999 at PandaAmerica. Mintage 4,000 pcs.

PandaAmerica 1 kilo proof
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see one of those slabs too! I could use it for a lamp table top or a TV tray maybe!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Anyone who helps the OP is truly either an idiot, or doesnt know this guy very well. He will NEVER get any panda advice from me.
  • Options
    Try a spell/grammar checker
  • Options
    Just don't buy any commie Panda crap, I've got a few 1 oz. silver panda's but I only paid $1 over spot for them back when Silver was $11 an oz.
  • Options
    MAybe I can melt it down into 10g bars and triple my money, all I need is a stamp, maybe a panda with IDIOT stamped across his chest running after a collector with a piece of bambo being stuck up a collectors butt?? What do you think? Too complicated?
  • Options

<< <i>MAybe I can melt it down into 10g bars and triple my money, all I need is a stamp, maybe a panda with IDIOT stamped across his chest running after a collector with a piece of bambo being stuck up a collectors butt?? What do you think? Too complicated? >>

imageimage