Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver logo'd stackers and rounds?

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I only own physical silver in junk bags and 100 oz Englehard bars.

My question is this- For example Scottsdale sells stackers and rounds with their logos.

If I bought these Scottsadle items for example-- how easy are they to sell to other precious metals operations that advertise buy/sells?

Would Apmex buy Scottsdale logo'd bullion from me when it comes time to sell? Would scottdale buy Apmex logo items? It seems that they wouldn't and that creates a possible one way market unless you sell on private treaty but that creates another dilemma. Speed.

I also noticed that Apmex and a couple others do not have published "buys" on some items that they sell.

Should one stay away from these items and only purchase items that they have published buys on?

TIA, MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Apmex isn't your only market. Silver are sold throughout the world in a variety of ways.

You have the BST, ebay, craigslist, flea market, etc to sell your silver and most are not picky.

When silver hit $50/oz in the 80s do you think they were worried about what logo was on the bar? Nope, people bought anything.

Lastly, Apmex buys anything I believe. Contact them and they can give you a price for whatever you have. Silver is silver.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    APMEX will purchase anything. Silver is silver to most.
  • Options
    <<You have the BST, ebay, craigslist, flea market, etc to sell your silver and most are not picky>>

My concern would be to move thousand's of ounces at once and locking in a price over the phone. The venues above don't offer that

Thank you for responding. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MJ, you'd be surprised.......there are people who don't bother buying off the internet that scour places like craigslist and can buy thousands of oz at once. They enjoy meeting people and seeing the goods in hand rather than buying it on the net. Plus you'd get cold hard cash.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Considering I drove to a remote Dam in Ohio to meet up with Rick who I never met you are probably right!image

However, convience means a lot to me as well because of my travel schedule. Thanks again. MJ
  • Options
    check with apmex but they buy anything. NWTM, silvertowne, tulving, and kitco. I think they buy too. Don't worry, there will always be people wanting your metals!

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you can sell back to the person/organization you bought from?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe you can sell back to the person/organization you bought from?

imageimageimage >>

That's really the crux of my question. I just want to make sure if I buy a different product I have more choices then who I bought it from when it comes time to sell and avoid a one way market. Agblox and Mlkman feel it shouldn't be a problem. MJ
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    MJ, these folks advertise buying any .999 at spot.

Texthttp://www.coin-rare.com/sell-silver-coins.aspx
    Avid collector of GSA's.