Home Metal Detecting
Options

did it again folks........

went by the stop and shop to take a peek at the coin star and yep coins sittin in the kick out.4 silvers 1949 rosie,1964d rosie,1961d wash,1964 wash. so im thinking about sellin the metal detector and just hittin the stop and shop like 1 a day,

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super, I have yet to find anything.. and I check every time I pass the machine. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get Canadian coins a lot... adorable! I like how Canada has it's own money, just like a real country!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    I have a car wash that I check from time to time for left-behind coins. The last few days have turned up a 1943 & 1920 Canadian pennies. What's interesting about this is that this pasrticular location has NEVER turned up a Canadian coin dated prior to 1965.
    Mind you, I'm not complaining, but it is odd!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We must have smarter people around here because I am still waiting for my first coinstar find.
  • Options
    I work at a grocery store in denver and I always buy the coins kicked out by our coin star....I love that thing. One day some people came in and emptied 2 tubs of coins in. They came to my register to cash there ticket in and to complain that it wouldnt take some coins. I told them I would just buy them out of my register and they proceeded to dump $51 worth of halfs and dollars onto my counter. I bought them all at face value picking up $20 in 1964 halfs and a few other kennedys plus a peace dollar and 3 morgans including a CC. This is what caused me to relook at my collection and to start hunting a little harder.