Home Precious Metals
Options

What would be your investment?

For investment purposes, store of wealth, hedge agaisnt inflation/hyperinflation, what of the following three would you purchase today?

1 oz. Gold?
1 oz. Platinum?
or
100 oz. Silver?

Comments

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Silver image
  • Options

<< <i>Silver image >>

X2 (today.)
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

X3
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Gold - today

Silver - tomorrow
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Silver. Gold and Plat have had very nice gains and gold is at an all time high. They usually don't run together with one really breaking out then the other (s) as ratios get out of line. In fact many trades use these ratios to adjust their investments for max. gain.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three are great choices,

but I would choose Silver because as of today it is the cheapest RELATIVE to the other two metals. So you have the greatest leverage of all three PM's.

The only reason I would buy gold or platinum is if I was buying a huge $$ amount and silver would be extremely difficult and/or expensive to store just because you have to buy so much more of it.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    A wonderful, 50,000 ounce bar of silver, would be nice.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>A wonderful, 50,000 ounce bar of silver, would be nice. >>

T 7 That would be like having my own mine!

Interesting; 7 replies, 7 votes for silver. Tomorrow will buy the 100 oz bar.

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A wonderful, 50,000 ounce bar of silver, would be nice. >>

T 7 That would be like having my own mine!

Interesting; 7 replies, 7 votes for silver. Tomorrow will buy the 100 oz bar.

image >>

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 oz. Gold?
    1 oz. Platinum?
    or
    100 oz. Silver?

Yes, I would.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I am still buying gold and silver, but alot more silver.image
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above + AU,AG,PT mining stocksimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy gold as insurance only so I don't sweat the price swings

I buy silver as speculation for profit and I do sweat the price swings

I trade pm stocks and futures for income and I sweat all the time

MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 oz. Silver.
  • Options
    Just get on board!
  • Options
    I would buy silver in 1 ounce and 10 ounce versus 100 ounce bars, the coin shops and metal brokers in my area dont want the big bars too hard to resell to the average Joe.
  • Options
    Silver may well be "the play" but I would prefer a MS65 St Gaudens, I can always enjoy looking at it!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer quantity so silver!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>I would buy silver in 1 ounce and 10 ounce versus 100 ounce bars, the coin shops and metal brokers in my area dont want the big bars too hard to resell to the average Joe. >>

problem with the 1 oz is all the extra in over spot by the time you get 100 total. So for "Investment" purpose buy in bulk. A 100 ouncer on the BST lasted about 14 hours or so yesterday
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would buy silver in 1 ounce and 10 ounce versus 100 ounce bars, the coin shops and metal brokers in my area dont want the big bars too hard to resell to the average Joe. >>

problem with the 1 oz is all the extra in over spot by the time you get 100 total. So for "Investment" purpose buy in bulk. A 100 ouncer on the BST lasted about 14 hours or so yesterday >>

You need to look at the buy/sell spread it really isn't much more expensive since you get more than melt at the time of sale. Old Junk silver is about as cheap as you can buy bullion so that's a good option too.
  • Options
    The other concern would be what if you only need to liquidate 63 ounces that is why I would get 10 ounce bars and 1 ounce rounds