Home Precious Metals

Interest Rates...

I'm trying to plan my game for the coming year or two. When do you see CD interest rates moving higher and how high will they go ?

Comments

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    not anytime soon.
    two years of flat rates coming. at least.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold likes rising interest rates.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• I sure hope soon! it sucks having $500,000 in the bank I am only getting 1% on my savings account
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    With Credit card interest at 30%, I believe that

the average worker is already suffering from

interest overload.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sure hope soon! it sucks having $500,000 in the bank I am only getting 1% on my savings account >>

Discoverbank is paying 1.75% on savings...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I sure hope soon! it sucks having $500,000 in the bank I am only getting 1% on my savings account >>

Discoverbank is paying 1.75% on savings... >>

http://www.banxquote.com/

http://www.bankrate.com/
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sucks having $500,000 in the bank

I'd like to know how bad that sucks. imageimageimageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Well, that 500,000, could be in old Zimbabwe Dollars.
    Camelotimage
  • <,it sucks having $500,000 in the bank >>

That does not suk; this does...

I would humbly suggest there are better places for it today.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, that 500,000, could be in old Zimbabwe Dollars. >>

that statement could turn out to be very prophetic.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
    That possibility, just scares the hell out of me!
    Camelotimage

• << <i>I sure hope soon! it sucks having $500,000 in the bank I am only getting 1% on my savings account >>

I don't know if you're being serious or playing a joke on us.
    If you are serious why would you keep that much money in a savings account??? Surely there are better places for your money than "investing" in a depreciating assett that pays basically no interest.image

• The Fed will begin a VERY slow increase in the prime rate next spring.

It will be 2012 before CDs pay a reasonable (>4%) rate.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

I just got a 30 year fixed refi @ 4.625% with no money down. I like them being this low......but, now it's time for them to get going up so I can make some $$$.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
    Red Herring

Dont count on ANY raise in rates for at least 1-2 years. The FED is backed into a corner. They have made thier choice to sacrifice the Dollar. They would not sacrifice the fragile credit situation by raising rates - just look at all those nasty loan resets coming....raising rates would be a final nail in the coffin.

• << <i>The Fed will begin a VERY slow increase in the prime rate next spring.

It will be 2012 before CDs pay a reasonable (>4%) rate. >>

You will be only able to buy only 6 or 9 months...due that the world ends in December 2012! image

• << <i>

<< <i>The Fed will begin a VERY slow increase in the prime rate next spring.

It will be 2012 before CDs pay a reasonable (>4%) rate. >>

You will be only able to buy only 6 or 9 months...due that the world ends in December 2012! image >>

I've decided not to go to the movie 2012 cause I want to be surprised when the end finally get's here!!!image
    JP Morgan forecasted today no rate hikes until 2012

you read it right

good luck on that CD rate
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that is bad, one of my customers re-uped one of his cd's with 3 million and only got 1.75% . He showed me the slip!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that is bad, one of my customers re-uped one of his cd's with 3 million and only got 1.75% . He showed me the slip!

With customers like that, I am still wondering why the banks are failing and why the banks get bailouts.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    that pretty much sucks.....the guy with $3mm just got a shi&&y deal

given that my daughter just renewed her $1,000 cd at 1.93%

interest rates arent going anywhere fast. in fact, the are going nowhere.

not with the fragile situation the FED is dealing with.....
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    That's why I put all savings $ in Au coins. If they just sit there at least they look good!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • It could be worse, at least your not losing a chunk every month to inflation, '09 has had a few bright spots.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be worse, at least your not losing a chunk every month to inflation, '09 has had a few bright spots.

With the dollar in a downtrend since March, call it what it you like....deflation or inflation. Either way you're losing a chunk of your investment to "dollarflation" every month.

I can't even begin to fathom why someone would stash $3 MILL in a CD at slightly >1% interest rates.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

• << <i>It could be worse, at least your not losing a chunk every month to inflation, '09 has had a few bright spots.

With the dollar in a downtrend since March, call it what it you like....deflation or inflation. Either way you're losing a chunk of your investment to "dollarflation" every month.

I can't even begin to fathom why someone would stash $3 MILL in a CD at slightly >1% interest rates.

roadrunner >>

I agree...with that kind of coin (bad pun, sorry) I would put it in yachts and fine cigars...at least I'd be enjoying it! Shucks, I'd even try a stab at buying (er, trying to get elected to) a government office. Canya say gov'mint pension?
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!