Home Precious Metals
Options

Scottsdale Silver?

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
I'm just getting into silver bars and was wondering if anyone buys these Scottsdale Silver stacker bars?
Would you recommend something else. Looking to buy 30 oz now and 10oz a month for the forseeable future.
Would you stack a few bars and then seal them up or seal each individually.
Do you guys vacuum seal them or is a zip lock good enough?

I've only got about 50 oz in Silver Eagles and 1 oz in gold. Is it still a good time to buy or did I miss the boat again?

Thanks, Tim
Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of these bars.....are they new? The bars look neat, do they have a website?

I don't think you need to seal your bars, don't worry too much.

Your off to a great start and have more than 99% of the population. If you can continue to stack even if its only an oz at a time you will have a large amount one day. Be happy with your stack and enjoy image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone is selling 10 oz Scottsdale stackers on a regular basis on ebay. I have never purchased one since they sell for premiums a bit higher than what I am accustomed to pay for 10 oz bars.

My 10 oz bars are both sealed and unsealed. It makes no difference in the safe deposit box.

You have made a fine start and you're not too late if you believe, like I do, that the buying power of the US dollar will continue to erode.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Scottsdale stackers are made by the same company that makes the Apmex stackers, I believe it's Academy. They're nice bars. I like them and have several of the Apmex stackers.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Tim, I've done business with Scottsdale many times and they are a great company. They sell on ebay too. The stackers are great for saving space in safes.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    No problem with scottsdale on the west coast. Do you live nearby their office??? If so, its good to make business relationships, and if you have to unload any quickly, you'll know where to go... so thats all good.

That being said... WEISS just picked up a englehard 10 oz bar for $190... well under $.99 over spot. That to me would be the gold standard today...

If I lived near their office... I'd give them some business... you never know what flies by their desk... maybe you can get a better deal later...
  • Options
    Yes, I did buy my 1st Scottsdale Stacker on ebay. I think its the same guy who sells them online. Funny thing is, I bought it for less than his website price.
    I live in San Diego, so, Scottsdale isn't too far if I were to buy more and check out the place. I've heard from several people that they are really impressed with their Stacker Silver bars.
    I'll let ya know when I get them.

Hey Meluaufeet,
    My wife and I got married on Makena Beach. I love Maui and if my silver and palladium plays out right, I'm moving there when I retire!!!
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High premiums aside, do they buy back what they sell with a published bid?

They are nice looking............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Aloha Zubie!!!

I hope to see you there soon...

btw: San Diego is awesome imho... I hear there is a 3 day walk-a-thon going on. My in-law is walking some 20 miles a day -- came down from Orange to help the cause.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do bars, but I keep coming back to this thread to look at those. Pretty nice! I do like them!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Howdy Maluau Feet!
    Must be the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. Lots of pretty girls dressed up in pink walking down by the beach today.
    Anyway, I got my 1st Scottsdale Silver stacker bar, and I am really impressed. Kinda sux, because now I want several so I can actually stack them!
    Think I'll have to quit putting $$$ into savings and just start buying a a whole boat load of these so I can play adult legos on days off!!!

ps...a little smaller than I thought. They look a lot bigger in the pictures!

Mahalo
  • Options
    Stackers are like that commercial for Lay's potato chips...

"You can't eat just one"

Enjoy the legos... keep the savings account... if for anything else... it'll help the ole' credit rating...

btw: Ziploc's freezer bags works ok for me. Also you may find some cool used silverware containers around... also "intercept shield" has a box/bags combo... I'm going to try out the foodsaver for some long term storage; others have praised its use.

Before you get to Maui, you might want a gather some of those 90%silver proof Hawaii state quarters... I bet they'll come in handy. The california silver proof can be had pretty close melt... Hawaii has a higher premium.