Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need some help with guess the grade on this 54 Aaron RC...ANSWER REVEALED!

Hi all,

Am trying to decide what to do with this card and am looking for everyone's input to help me make up my mind (No wrinkles on card). Considering selling as is, cracking and resubbing or maybe a review. What grade do you all think this looks like?? I will reveal what holder it is in after the feedback.

Thanks to all for your input!

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    PSA 5.5
  • Options
    PSA 5 to 6.5 as long as there is no hidden wrinkles in the card otherwise PSA 3.5 to 4.5. JMHOimage
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say PSA 5.
  • Options
    I'd hope a 5, but the top left worries me enough to think it might be a 4. Great looking card nonetheless.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    ohhh...ohhhhh....I know Mr Kotter!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    psa 2?? paper loss on middle left?

edit to add.. actual opinion with no obvious flaw is it looks like at least a 7
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    If it's anything less than a 5 I'd crack and resub. If it's a 5 then I might get it reviewed. Then again, if you are in it at a good enough price then you can pretty much do whatever you want until you get what you are looking for.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a hard to see problem such as a scratch on the left side of card it appears to me to be a higher grade than has been estimated. I would say PSA 7.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you're not happy with the grade, so it's a 5.5 or a 6.

It's an awfully nice card.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi-end PSA 5.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    I would guess 4.5 My concern would be the mark on the front left (as noted above) as well as the back bottom (if holding the card upright and just flipping over), I cannot tell if it is just chipping or if there is some type of fold.
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I think the scuffing on the back knocks it down to a 4. It's got corners that could 6 on the right day, but that's some heavy chipping.
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Mark on front left is print spot...back bottom of card is just normal chipping of border which is fairly common on this issue and I think they let it slide a little. Keep the comments coming!

Jeff
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    PSA 6
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    An easy 6.

That is if their are no flaws that we can't see.

Outside shot at a 6.5 too.

Steve

Compared to my 6.....

Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Time to reveal?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all for your inputs and advice...the card is currently in an older PSA 5 holder.

Jeff
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would re-sub it. I don't see it coming back lower than a 5.
  • Options
    dont re sub sell it to me for $300 lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    So much for the idea that all older grades were more generous.

That's the sweetest "5" in existence. I would never have the guts to crack it but I would seriously consider sending it in for review. It's a solid 6 if not a shade higher.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to all for your inputs and advice...the card is currently in an older PSA 5 holder.

Jeff >>

Great, glad I guessed right. You can mail the card to my address at 101 W. Fantasyland, Dreamtown, IL.

Thanks!
    NAT
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    So I decided to solve Jeff's dilemma for him by buying the Aaron 5. Got it in the mail yesterday, and it's a sweet card. Thanks for the fast shipping, Jeff! I think it is accurately graded so I'm going to keep it as is for now. This is actually the first 5 in my entire collection.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."