Home Metal Detecting
Options

this just happened!!!!!!!!!!!

i took a bag of change down to the stop&shop to run through the coinstar mach.1st time using 1. when i finnished a lady who works there says check the return slot.the coins that dont take shoot out.so i said oh ok thnx.i go to walk away and something told me to check the other mach.i look down and can see coins.i scoop them up and had 5 canada pennys and a dime.right but no this was a merc.the lady was shocked but then i take a closer look.wwwwwwwwowwwwwww 1916 im like no way.im standing there with this lady and im praying out loud please let there be a d on the back of this thing turn it over and wham!!!!!!!!!!! there it is. but i cant see clearly without my damm loop.all the way home on the bus runnin up the stairs grab the loop and........................................s........goin on ebay under mrgumby66. ohwell. allmost forgot went the park and found a 1915 canada dime two.

Comments

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Wow! So close! Still a nice find though! Congrats!

-Paul
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW! A heart stopper for sure!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... exciting... so close.... always next time, check those return slots. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    this is someone upstairs playing with my head........probably mom.
  • Options
    So close! Did Mom have a sense of humor?! She's sending her love! image
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    If it is going on ebay anyway, cut that S off and weld a D on. It will feel right at home with all the other fakes.image
  • Options
    Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Got you beat man, found an 1881 Half Eagle in the slot once. =)
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    Nice find...that had to be exciting!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Fun...thanks for sharing!
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Even though she's no "D" that is certainly a nice find. Congrats!
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got you beat man, found an 1881 Half Eagle in the slot once. =) >>

You gotta be poopin us!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinstar jams today - I know the attendant and we found this jamming the machine!
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the BM to cherrypick I'am going to all the coinstars. Good find's bouth of you free $$$$ I like that. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ring??? That is frikken amazing... Cheers, RickO