Home Precious Metals
Options

Through.The.Roof.

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Au, Ag, Pd, Pt.

Is this "the big one", or just a tremor?
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a tremor. Don't get too excited.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this what parabolic means? image >>

If you mean sudden, violent, and unpredictable moves to the upside with little downside then yes.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned last night, if gold breaks through the $1135 region it will nearly remove all chances of the current 1 year up leg being corrective in nature. Hence the bull will be fully unleashed. JS predicted the slow death of the dollar beginning on 11/7/09 following the G20 meeting back in January. It seems to be happening. The sentiment on silver the past week or two seemed quite negative. A breakout seemed imminent. Today we have the answer. Copper, oil, silver, stocks, plat, pall, gold all moving up together. Silver can easily spring towards the $20 range coming out of an IH&S formation. Looks like liquidity is returning to the markets. Copper breaking away from $3.00 and silver jumping >$18 are now confirming gold's earlier moves.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    This is the volatility that we can expect for some time to come. Stay the course and don't get excited. Work your plan.

There are greater money forces at work here than either you or I will ever know. Maybe Geithner can't beat down gold while the Chinese are looking at him dead in the eye.

What we do know is that the dollar isn't what it used to be, and it's not going back to what it was. Not without some major changes in government finance. Fat chance on that one. May the fundamentals be with you!

(Well, okay - maybe it's volatility with a bit of an upward bias.)image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "parabolic"??

no way, not even close.

just a little tremor.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't silver tracking gold like it did in 2007/2008?
  • Options
    Why isn't silver tracking gold like it did in 2007/2008?

India didn't just buy 200 tons of silver. All that means to me is that silver is a flaming bargain at the moment.

Full disclosure - I did just make 2 gold buys last week, so I can't say that I'm disappointed. In my own case, I was only balancing my gold/silver holdings so I'm not being duplicitous.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "Is this "the big one"

You've been watching too much Sanford and Son image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As I mentioned last night, if gold breaks through the $1135 region it will nearly all chances of the current 1 year up leg being corrective in nature. Hence the bull will be fully unleashed. JS predicted the slow death of the dollar beginning on 11/7/09 following the G20 meeting back in January. It seems to be happening. The sentiment on silver the past week or two seemed quite negative. A breakout seemed imminent. Today we have the answer. Copper, oil, silver, stocks, plat, pall, gold all moving up together. Silver can easily spring towards the $20 range coming out of an IH&S formation. Looks like liquidity is returning to the markets. Copper breaking away from $3.00 and silver jumping >$18 are now confirming gold's earlier moves.

roadrunner >>

Well, there she blows RR, $1135.60.

By the way, I always appreciate your candid, thoughtful, and measured observations!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"parabolic"??

no way, not even close.

just a little tremor. >>

Thanks. A few more little tremors and gold will be at $1,200 with silver at $20. image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    its gonna crash very soon, thats why I'm selling out right now and have placed much of what I have on the BST.
    "INSIDE INFO" is all I can say.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>its gonna crash very soon, thats why I'm selling out right now and have placed much of what I have on the BST.
    "INSIDE INFO" is all I can say. >>

If you were referring to the USD I'd agree image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick your avatar is killing me!!!! I'm in China and I'm constantly swatting bugs off my screen for real and your posts aren't helping anyimage

MJimage
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    MJ,

I've had at least 20 people tell me the same thing. This is the avatar I started with when I joined and had it a few months before changing it. Have you picked up any Coins over there image

Rick-
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually I'm selling american counterfeits over hereimage

Really, I always have flippin bugs on my screen over here and sleep with a mosquito net over my bed
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    mkman - what are you talking about - share with your fellow forum members please.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    moonshine just joking! imageimage Just giving the guys a scare. Most of us are on the same page, metals are a good way to maintain your wealth and will go up image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May not be "the big one", but it's a hellova minor run.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

GOMG!

• Options
    "I'm in China and I'm constantly swatting bugs off my screen for real and your posts..."

wait, if you're on here does that mean the Chinee are lurking on this forum since they are obviously watching you?