Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

2009 Christmas Coin Swap pairings set - Post #54, Pg 3

All parties interested in the 2009 Christmas Coin Swap - please start signing up NOW!

I've posted Basic Requirements for participation below (as also sent via PM. ver-batem)

See latest post on Pg 3.

Best,

Boom ~

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Not for thanksgiving
    coins are i virtual tag

but christmas for sure
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    How does this work ?
  • Options
    I'm in.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    How about it guys?

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Right in the middle of my Virtual tag.
    Will have to pass this time.
  • Options
    OK Guys. I've decided, for various reasons, to can the Thanksgiving swap.

This is now the Christmas 2009 Coin Swap thread.

All interested in taking part, please begin signing up now.

Let's hope it's a good one.

Boom ~ image

ttt
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    I am IN!

TC71
  • Options
    Santa Jim is in

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Christmas I can do....I'm in.
  • Options
    Count me in on this one.

And if possible please do pairings by the 1st. So we have time, and can look for somethin special. NOT that ANYONE has to, but CAN.
    Unless of course no one wants to.

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Sounds good I'm in.
  • Options
    ok boom im in.
  • Options
    PM sent - Required contact info requested.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. image
  • Options
    For those wanting to know how swaps work, here is my standard answer - posted so all may see that this is how it is, for everyone!

**************************************************************************************************************************

Hi,
    The swaps are actually very simple. A swap is all about communication, agreement and fairness.

Once swap partners are paired they should communicate. Whether the pair agrees to a $50-$100 "surprise swap" or a definite monetary and a mutually agreed upon pricing basis (sheet or Trends or PCGS Price Guide - whatever is agreeable -) packages are then put together and shipped using a minimum of Delivery Confirmation. Those numbers (DC#) need to be posted to the thread so that there can be no doubt about actual shipping status.

Once coins are received both parties need to communicate again to check that both are really happy/ satisfied with what was sent/ received. If "off" by any substantial amount the party shorted (if applicable) needs to be made whole. As such what I am saying IS, No one is free to "do" anything with what is received till BOTH parties agree and publicly declare that their swap has been agreeable and consumated.

The last thing anyone wants is another person's rejects. Also, no one wants to be shorted. I have this personal thing about "if or when in doubt - add a piece or 2". Contrary to fears - it won't kill anyone to GIVE a little - ya know!?

That's about it but for the record - all entrants are accountable to me as coordinator. By this I mean that as such it falls on my shoulders to screen and protect swappers from "hit & run" nobodies that show up out of Nowhere, take part, get coins and then disappear - making off with coins and NOT sending out.

I take this EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY. Everyone therefore must send me their verifiable contact info:
    Name (and ebay ID if applicable)
    Home address & phone # (cell # too if they have one)
    email address.
    Numismatic likes & dislikes (helps w pairings)
    This is to be PM'd to me AND, if I ask, also sent to me via the email address provided. (Rather obvious reason, eh?)
    I also need phone numbers because there is a real good chance that I will call personally to get to know all swappers on a first Name, personal level.

That's really about all there is other than providing references freely (fellow board members that you've dealt with, if asked)! See, as stated - it's MY responsibility to ensure all goes well for everyone. I print out the info on everyone and keep all in my swap file. This remains in my posession and is NOT made public unless the "un-thinkable" happens.

The last extreme stipulation, if I have just reason for concern, IS that I have a virtual "unknown" that wants to take part, to send me a coin or # of coins to be held as Escrow (Insurance that there IS no Hit &Run) .... returnable once said swapper proves him or her self. Such coins are kept labeled in my personal lock box and I am responsible for them. THIS HAPPENS VERY RARELY but I need to point it out because this is a tightly-knit group ... and IF someone approaches me with verifiable concern of someone's Integrity and I have justifiable concern I WILL ask for "Escrow coins" as collateral.

Rest assured, I am easy going and extremely fair BUT I take my responsibilty for the group's safety very seriously. I give everyone every benefit of the doubt. If a person proves to be an undesirable or unethical person, I then do (as a last resort) whatever it is I MUST DO! To date, this has only happened Once.

That's about all there is to it. Just provide me with the requested yet Mandatory contact & Numismatic info & we go from there. Any questions, just ask as I treat everyone the same.

It's all about fun, fair-play & communication - all based on a person's Word/ Integrity.

Glad to have you aboard. Please take your time but send me a concise but thorough personal profile.

It's really not difficult at all. Rather - it's basically about common sense, fair play & communication!

Thanks,

Boom

• Options
    I'll do a Xmas swap..
  • Options
    Andy
  • Options
    Hola, is it too late to join in? Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    BOOM -

When are the pairings gonna be made for the Xmas swap?

TC71
  • Options
    I've just sent PMs out to 3 people requesting commitments either way & contact info.

Won't be long now. Asnovell - you're good to go.

I need replies from the 3 parties PMd, please.

Thanks.
  • Options
    We should be all set & good to go by this weekend - if not earlier.
  • Options

I'm in......I have know idea what I am in for...but I was told to say...Boom Sent Me....image
  • Options
    You're good to go.

I'll show you the ropes. image

Glad to have you with us. image
  • Options
    I do believe we may well have a few more joining us.

Sign up to this thread if you wish to take part so that I can get an accurate head count.

Thanks,

Boom ~ image
  • Options
    Well, someone is going to be getting a coin(s) with some color this X-mas. I'm in.
    Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins
  • Options
    Ok Boom. Disregard the PM. I've re-read your instructions. Count me in and pair me up! image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try this again with a stronger emphasis on GIVING more than I receive. It was tough with Musky and Walmann image
  • Options
    I fully expect to be set to make the pairings by this upcoming weekend.

I want to give all established members the opportunity to celebrate Christmas as a group.

Please sign in if interested. If new to the boards and the Collectors' Club you will be required to
    provide verifiable contact information. All swappers' info is kept on file, held in confidence - not
    made public unless necessary.

Good day!
  • Options
    Approved list (to be ammended accordingly):

1- B00M
    2- MichaelDixon
    3- Musky1011
    4- jmj3esq
    5- Aija
    6- TorinoCobra71
    7- LonelyP
    8- Slinc
    9- MorganHunter2
    10- Asnovell
    11- Sumorada
    12- Chameleon
    13- Pakasmom
    14- TwoSides2aCoin
    15- MANOFCOINS
    16- coinman420
    17- pitboss
    18- Bigtime36
    19- amiller
    20- Ikeigwin
    21- BigJohnD
    22- Obiwancanoli

All current Collectors' Club members are hereby Officially invited to take part.

Newcomers or individuals that are NOT paying members of PCGS' Collectors' Club, but
    frequent the boards solely to post messages will be screened much more stringently,
    for the good of the Group.

Please sign up & provide the required basic contact information ASAP.
    Such info held in the strictest of confidence unless disclosure is required
    for reason that should NOT transpire.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Posted for the benefit of interested parties and or newcomers.

Our coin swaps are all about enjoying the hobby we share - with one another.

The basic premise is simply that .... enjoying the hobby, learning to share, to communicate & for many - about GIVING, not "getting"!
    Swaps can be as simple as a basic $50-$100 "Surprise Swap" however, regardless - ALL SWAPS revolve around COMMUNICATION.
    There are NO LIMITS regarding Dollar amount. If you've communicated and are comfortable with your swap-mate YOU set the limit
    accordingly. It's not at all uncommon to swap coins worth several hundreds of dollars each & more.

Coins DO NOT HAVE TO BE certified. Raw, nice collectible coins are permitted, as are mixtures. Check with your partners AND be flexible
    about what you hope to receive. Don't be afraid to step outside the "Norm" of your collecting interests. Lighten up & DO NOT place
    unrealistic demands on your partners. Again I drive the point home that this is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable experience. DO NOT
    feel obligated to run out & spend money needlessly trying to cater to a partner that wants coins that he or she is capable of buying
    him or herself. Placing undue stress on swap partners will be frowned upon & certainly not tolerated. Report such demands to me
    IMMEDIATELY!

Everyone provides me with contact information so that I can verify identities. This "info" presents me with a "Profile" to better
    help me pair swappers up of similar interests and means. The Dollar amount is determined by Mutual Agreement between partners,
    starting with initial communication (PM or method of choice). Basis (actual value) is also agreed upon mutually.

Whatever method chosen should be by using the same basis, whether certified/ Price Guide, actual "going rates", Greysheet etc.
    Example - one cannot use Price Guide while the other uses "sheet"! Simple enough, right? REMEMBER - KEEP THINGS SIMPLE.

I cannot stress enough the concept of GIVING with Fair Play in mind! This IS NOT about "dumping" coins one no longer wants
    on an unsuspecting partner in the hopes of receiving GREAT COINS! It does NOT work this way. Also, if & when in doubt -
    ADD MORE just to be safe & fair. Put yourselves in your partners' shoes. Ask yourselves how YOU would feel receiving what
    you send. NO ONE IS FREE TO DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT IS RECEIVED UNTIL BOTH PARTNERS AGREE & DECLARE PUBLICLY
    THAT THEIR SWAP IS MUTUALLY GRATIFYING!

Once pairings are set, in the event terms cannot be agreed upon - after all possibilities have been exhausted, contact me ASAP.
    In such cases I will then reset the pairings. Personally, I would find the inability to come to terms next to impossible! In a worst
    case scenario, Common Sense would seem to agree to do a $50 "Surprise/ Raw coin Swap". Remember - keep things SIMPLE.

Once an agreement is made, both swappers should then openly declare such. The next "common sense" step is to be able to
    PROVE shipment BY GOING BACK TO THE ACTUAL SWAP THREAD AND POSTING DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBERS - NOT
    INSURED MAIL NUMBERS! We all need to be able to Track & Confirm shipment to avoid any & all doubt. Insurance #s don't get it done!

Next, obviously .... would be to protect your coins by USPS Insurance or similar means of choice. (Signature Confirmation).
    If you have any doubt regarding whether or not you've sent enough - ADD A COIN OR 2. It won't kill you, I promise you.

If we remember that the true spirit behind all this is the actual act of giving, there should actually be NO ISSUES.

If everyone abides by these very simple "rules", the swap should come off without a hitch, as intended, with all parties happy.

Any questions - contact me. I DO answer ALL PMs.

There ya have it.... the so-called "common sense rules of coin swapping"!

If you think you can do this & really want to have fun (remember, there IS NO LIMIT) then provide verifiable contact info & sign up NOW
    because I would like to set the pairings this coming weekend.

Thank you. image
  • Options
    Craig, you are APPROVED!

Welcome. image
  • Options
    boom, i`m in if not too late. i didn`t read the entire thread but i can see how this can be great. i just did a swap with a member here who asked me if i had certain coins(i did). told him yes and he asked me if i was looking for anything.... i kept my request to a similar value and sure enough he had something for me. it really worked out well. i filled a couple holes in his album and he did the same for me.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>I will try this again with a stronger emphasis on GIVING more than I receive. It was tough with Musky and Walmann image >>

yep giving is more important

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I'm in Boom.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    BOOM my brother..... what is up!!!!! When are the pairings, if I can get a day to get back to you that would be great...... Let me know either way

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    I'm looking to set the pairings over this coming weekend.
  • Options
    i`m inimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    PM sent, hopefully not too late ...
  • Options
    yep giving is more important Hey, Boom - pair me with Musky! image
  • Options
    I'm in!
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in! This sounds like fun. I've been wondering what to do with those Chuck E Cheese tokens.

Thanks, Boom.
    Lance.
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in.
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Be my in.
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    Hi guys! APPROVED & Welcome.

Please check the Official APPROVED list on Page 2.

Make sure your Name is posted if I have already OK'd you.

Also, please make sure I have all minimum, required contact information.

Still time to sign up.

If you would like to participate, you know what you need to do.

Thank you. image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yep giving is more important Hey, Boom - pair me with Musky! image >>

That girl is good.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    BOOM.... Im in for the $50 bracket!!!!

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.