Home Precious Metals

NTR metals. Opinions?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
Saw a bunch at the local coin show last weekend, Tulving sells them, and I see some on eBay.

Their website would lead you to believe they're a major, major player in the field. But I'd never seen them until very recently.

The bars aren't bad. A little empty feeling. I'd like to see the serial number field actually used if it's going to be there. Otherwise it seems like it's missing something.

The gold guitar pick 1-oz thingies are kind of neat.

What do you think?

imageimage

imageimage
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    never heard of them until now. The silver bars look neat, not a fan of their gold picks though image

I'd trust their silver bars.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold pieces look neat but I wouldn't buy more than one or two as a novelty. They look too easy to counterfeit.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    If you are going to collect gold and silver, limit yourself

to well known, highly regarded PM brands.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • They are the biggest refiner/buyer in Colorado, as far as I know. I see the 10oz silver bars everywhere but haven't yet seen the gold triangles anywhere but the NTR office.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTR is highly respected and recognized. New 10 oz. NTR silver bars @.39 over spot (500 oz. min, and always free insured shipping):

Tulving

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one 100 ounce bar. Looks like they are sought after going by the price I see for these. I’m getting ready to sell 800 ounces of silver.
    I think they’re very cool especially knowing the history of this once upon a time outfit.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe they were acquired by Elemetal. They did get busted back in 2017-18ish for money laundering or buying illegally mined Au if memory serves me correct. I never owned any of their product. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2023 5:50AM

@blitzdude said:
    Believe they were acquired by Elemetal. They did get busted back in 2017-18ish for money laundering or buying illegally mined Au if memory serves me correct. I never owned any of their product. THKS!

Actually, I believe Elemetal was the group buying the smuggled gold after acquiring (North Texas Refineries).

Now you can sell your metal to them, but I don't believe they're actually selling or making bars anymore either.