Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Reverse negative collection. Almost 20 years in the making!

2»

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Just when I think I'm free from reverse negatives, THEY PULL ME BACK IN! (Sorry, GF 3 was on tonight. Couldn't help myself.)

The award for Sharp Eyes goes to nearmint!

By the way, what's with all of those 2011 Leaf Pete Rose Legacy reverse negative chase cards? I can understand the 2002 Upper Deck Authentic reverse negative subset seeing as UD produced one of the more infamous rev negs of the day (Murphy) but a Pete Rose "Legacy" set? Was Leaf trying to be a little too symbolic with Pete having a "mirror-like"...uhhh legacy??
  • Options
    It has been over a year since my last posting here but I recently picked up four more reverse negatives for the collection. I knew about the Jerry Browne, but not of the others. The Milt Cuyler really surprised me because I was well into collecting rev negs by the time his 1993 Fleer Ultra came out. I don't know, maybe it was a known error but just forgot to get it. The Kal Daniels and the Harvey Haddix were unbeknownst to me until I recently found them on ebay.

• Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the image on Curt Knight's 1971 Topps card is reversed, too. Here is the card:

And here is a proof sheet with a Knight card in the top row:

The image on the sheet is pretty small, but you can see that the picture on the card is a reflection of the one on the sheet. Judging by the way Knight's hair is parted on his 1972 Topps card, the image on the sheet is correct, and the image on the 1971 card is reversed.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    image[/URL]image[/URL]
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Time to dig up an old thread! I noticed today that the image on George Tarasovic's 1960 Topps card is backward. Here it is, along with his 1962 Post card. Check out his jersey number.

imageimage
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you brought this thread back up as I've never seen it before. I think this is one of the coolest collections ever.image
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Thanks to you guys who keep posting "new" reverse negs. That 1960 football set sure had a lot!
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    what about the 1982 fleer lee smith #603 and the cubs logo on the back?

unlike the 89 murphy or most rev negs, the corrected one is actually a lot harder to find....
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does looking at the Ray Knight 89 Score facing one another make me laugh?
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    I love this thread.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nearmint said:
    Resurrecting an old thread to add another card: I just noticed today that Zeke Moore's image is reversed on his 1976 Topps card.

Here is his 1974 Topps card alongside a flipped image of his 1976 Topps card.

It's clear they're the same image. How can we tell that the 1976 card is the one that's reversed? His 1975 Topps card uses the same image but has his numbers showing, so we know it's correct. The 1974 card has him looking in the same direction as the 1975 card, so the 1974 card is the correct one, and the 1976 card is backward.

hey nearmint,
    Those are Pretty Cool...Love that reversed 76... :)

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

I guess Zeke was absent a lot on picture day.