Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold just hit an all time high price of $1074.80 per ounce!

fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hope it holds.

Comments

• Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Why?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and that's WITH the dollar up today................

Silver spike as well

looks like there is big buy volume on the etfs as well

I'm sure that India's IMF buy didn't hurt gold : )
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Why? >>

Why not?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why? >>

Why not? >>

Dont you enjoy buying gold for $900 or $950? Or do you have sooooo much that you dont need to ever buy an ounce again? I root for falling gold, not rising.
  • Options

<< <i>Why? >>

<< <i>Dont you enjoy buying gold for $900 or $950? Or do you have sooooo much that you dont need to ever buy an ounce again? >>

For the last week or so I have been questioning if gold/silver was going to fall through the floor. I needed some reassurance via plus signs.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why? >>

<< <i>Dont you enjoy buying gold for $900 or $950? Or do you have sooooo much that you dont need to ever buy an ounce again? >>

For the last week or so I have been questioning if gold/silver was going to fall through the floor. I needed some reassurance via plus signs. >>

I'd rather see gold at $500 than $1500. But then again, im only 34 years old with under 30 ounces. Matter of perspectives I suppose.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Why? >>

For the last week or so I have been questioning if gold/silver was going to fall through the floor. I needed some reassurance via plus signs. >>

I'd rather see gold at $500 than $1500. But then again, im only 34 years old with under 30 ounces. Matter of perspectives I suppose. >>

Agreed.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think India's recent buy and China's buying spreee has put a nice floor on gold for awhile.............jmo. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Gecko.... I am also quilty at buying gold at what was until now, an all time high price per ounce. I needed a little justification for my purchases, I guess.

I am still learning when it comes to bullion. I am more of an old school coin guy.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking $1,100oz gold will be a good buy soon. ~Stock up!~JMOimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "I think India's recent buy and China's buying spreee has put a nice floor on gold for awhile"

That's probably right but the floor has got to be pretty close to the purchase price and should set the tone for the next big buy. Now, if all the CB's want to jump on board they will have an idea of what it costs to play. Usually when something odd like this happens, something equally odd happens pretty soon there after. Makes you wonder how long it will take China to clean the other 203 tons off the plate.

Broken resistance at 1080.50. Maybe all the sudden, those folk that have been watching our economic condition deteriorate and have just just been nodding their heads will realize that Elvis has left the room and it's getting late.

Edited to add: $1084.50 at 11:34 cst
  • Options
    Woosh!! Up and away!!image
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    IMF sales used to be an insiders threat... used every season by such wise guys like Nadler etal...

It just became a joke...

If IMF announces another 'gold sale to help the poor' people will now buy ahead of such sale.

The shorts gave us a good rally today... imho

I don't want to bash the 'pm shorts' just stating the obvious. They will have their day in the sun...